[A letter addressed to the author of the Velan Volandis stories]

Started by cmenden, August 06, 2023, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

[A copy of a story is attached]

Dear Mysterious Author,

If you wish anonymity because you do not wish to be distracted from your work, that is acceptable. However, if you are seeking anonymity to avoid your fiscal responsibility to me, that is less so.

The existence of your work is adjacent to the crime of theft in Ephia's Well. If you wish to profit off the late Velan Volandis, then I feel that I am owed a portion of your earnings, as I am the sole living writer of Velan Volandis stories and have a prior claim in the marketplace of ideas.

Feel free to deliver a fair number of dinars to one of my apprentices: Cosine, Mae, or Zain.

Regards,
Estellise Azimi

Fabulous Secret Powers

[The letter is collected and opened. An unflattering caricature is added to the back of the paper, depicting a tiny woman in blue robes in court, yelling at a giant anthropomorphised question mark. The letter is sealed in another envelope, carrying the subtle aroma of expensive perfume.]

Fabulous Secret Powers

[A young, dishevelled chimney sweep can be seen arriving to the tower at Eagle's Mount. Clearly anxious, he asks for a "Nadiri Assueme" at the front desk, before dropping off an envelope. It is adressed to "ESTELLISE AZIMI", the capitalized letters just barely readable from the coffee stains covering them. The young lad leaves a trail of ash and soot behind him as he leaves.]

Interested party:

The two thousand dinar commission for the potential upcoming 'Velan Volandis and the Capricious Copyist's Claim' can be split, with you keeping one thousand dinari and paying one thousand dinari care of Bashir Khatara. Make confirmation through letter or through the bellows-system.

Sincerely.
---