Setting Teleport Marker Should Have GFX

Started by cmenden, August 23, 2023, 06:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

I remember talking about this back in ancient times but forgetting as Teleport was so clipped during V4/V5 but now we're back to V2-V3 levels of Teleporting and I want to bring it back up again

Currently, players can set a teleport point without any fanfare or visual indicator and it seems wild how many bad things they can do to you with this thing you have no way to even know happened

I think a good solution would be a GFX to show the marker is being placed so other PCs can react accordingly!

Diabl0658

While teleport markers are just an abstraction to represent a PC memorizing the location (which is how teleport is described as working in paper D&D), this is probably a good balance suggestion.

Maybe a spellcraft roll for all observing PCs to notice the marker being set, and leave a message in the log?

Mia

We have an animation for putting down a summoning circle.

I think that one would be ideal and elaborate enough to indicate putting down a teleport marker.

Good suggestion!

I love cats

I agree with this 100% it was even a security concern in House Sunpurse that someone just marked the place. I think wizards just able to mark a place they can teleport to with no one around noticing is kind of silly.

Don Nadie

I love this suggestion. Wizards having to be sneaky if they wanna be able to teleport somewhere they're not meant to rules!

LoveLess

Only if still spell removes the animation, so all those level 11 wizards dont get denied.

merrychase

In addition, you could require three rounds of concentration (like casting the spell itself) so there's a window for other characters to intervene; or prevent people from doing a drive by teleport mark on a location with lots of dangerous creatures.