[The Tower of Q'tolip]

Started by Lannister, October 16, 2023, 02:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Our Astronomers,

I have been informed by the Legates that you have not put forward an idea for assisting with our war with Iakmes.

I find that odd. Something has been lost in communication. Whilst we do not see eye to eye on nearly any internal political subject, it makes no sense for you to want to leave a very real threat to the Well unaddressed.

As the leading force driving our defence and authority on Iakmes' hordes, I invite you to respond with how you plan to aid the Accord and what you will need from us to make it work.

If you lack ideas or there is another problem, we will meet to discuss it. Otherwise I look forward to reading a list of things you need and what you plan on doing with it.

Yours faithfully
Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon
The Cupseeker

cmenden

Dear Aurelio,

I wasn't going to reply as I despise war efforts, but your tone was sufficiently irritating.

During the last state-sanctioned special operation, everyone involved murdered a bunch of children.

Such behavior is expected of the Banda Rossa, but perhaps you should ask Sister Selsi for a full report sometime.

Best,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

Lannister

QuoteOur Astronomers,

I am still awaiting your proposal for the war.

What is your plan? What do you need to complete it?

Yours faithfully
Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon
The Cupseeker

cmenden

Dear Aurelio,

You truly do not care, do you?

Fascinating. Well, not really. It is precisely what I expected from one of their thralls.

I wonder if the man you used to be would have cared or if your true nature has always been nothing more than a wretch drunk on war and killing.

You would do well to seek out my Apprentices in person if you wish their aid with your war efforts.

Regards,
Apothar Estellise Azimi

Lannister

Aurelio obstinate in manner sends another letter...

QuoteOur Astronomers,

I am still awaiting your proposal for the war.

What is your plan? What do you need to complete it?

Yours faithfully
Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon
The Cupseeker

Runic

[A fresh piece of parchment arrives, freshly conjured through the arcane arts. Its scent that of a newly opened book. The letter is curt, blunt, and to the point.]

Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon,

My Mistress has handed over further correspondence to myself, deeming further interaction on her own part to be an exercise in futility.

Given our exclusion from any summits or war councils pertaining to the impending conflict with Iakmes' hordes, we of the Tower have not made any concrete offensive plans, and have instead been doing our duties in shoring up the defences of Ephia's Well, maintenance of the Shade, and safeguarding of the 'Gutter Beast'.

If our talents are required to construct weapons of war similar to those utilised at the Battle of Red Hill, all 'Signatories of the Accord' and 'Participants of Note' will be required to sign legal paperwork stating the sanctioned use of these requested machines to ensure our reputation as an institute of learning and the arcane does not suffer similar slander and threats as last time.

If offensive capabilities are asked, we ask that you present a list of your demands which will be subject to scrutiny and debate by our organisation. That is all.

Zain al-Saiba
Nadiri of the Tower of Q'tolip

Lannister

QuoteOur Astronomers,

I expected more from you. This was a chance to repair bridges with the Accord.

These aren't plans.

I will consider in what role you will best play and contact you if your organisation can be of any further benefit.

Yours faithfully
Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon
The Cupseeker

Runic

We have good relations with our fellow Accord members in the Fourth Legion and the Banda Rossa. With yourself and your fellow Balladeers, it is acknowledged that to repair a bridge, one must first be consulted on the blueprints. It is an errant builder who attempts to construct anything without first being presented with the facts. We have no plans because we were not informed of the situation. This is not the fault of any one individual, more an oversight due to political affiliations and the political engine at large. We hold no grudges over such.

As stated previously, if you wish us to employ weapons of war there will be significant legal paperwork to ensure our institution faces none of the potential legal ramifications we were threatened with previously. In the meantime, we will begin drafting up improvements to the defences of the Well.

Once you have decided which role you wish us to play, please respond with the contracts in full which will be debated by our institution and amendments made. That is all.

Zain al-Saiba

Lannister

QuoteNadiri Zain,

Thank you for your final response. You are by far more useful to talk to than Apothar Azimi.

They could learn a thing or two from you.

Yours faithfully
Balladeer Aurelio d'Lyon
The Cupseeker

Runic

It is unfortunately talk like that which drives a wedge between the Accorded Factions, and it is recommended such opinions are not used to further drive that wedge between us. I would humbly request you put aside your personal distaste for my Mistress, as I place aside my personal distaste for your brother-in-arms Alejandro, to ensure the continued stability of our Accorded union. I will clarify, my usefulness which you praise is strictly down to my Mistress's teaching and guidance.

If the hordes of Iakmes are as dire as you claim, continued resentment and alienation will lead to unnecessary casualties. That is something best avoided. That is all.

Zain al-Saiba

Lannister

Sat at a desk with a quill in hand, Aurelio stares at the letter for some time before grumbly admitting to himself that Zain's last letter made quite a lot of sense.

He puts down the quill and reaches for the chalice, full to the brim with Drink.