[A Letter left for the Students of the "Sand" College]

Started by Howlando, October 17, 2023, 08:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

Dear [Students of the Sand College],

I am Ernesto Est, I am a student of the Lamp of Learning  in Il Modo. I am now visiting Ephia's Well, and staying in your Krak.

I have seen your school, and would like to invite some of you to come visit us, in Il Modo, and give my fellow students a little lecture. I know it is a long way, but I think I can arrange for your passage on my return ship.

I hope you will nominate among yourselves, a speaker and a topic on which to present. Please let me know who this will be, and how many of you would like to come. There will be a ship returning not long after, so I think it will be not so difficult for you to come and visit my beautiful city.

Write to me back at the Krak, please, and tell me your decision.

Yours

Ernesto

P.S. If you are unable to decide amongst yourselves, feel free to send me a list of topics and I can choose for you!

// Hope to run this this upcoming weekend, +/- a few hours 7pm GMT either Saturday or Sunday at your discretion.

SN

[A short note left for the other students.]

Jamileh Attar
Ibram's Fine Leathers and Cobbler, Attic.
corner of Qadira street / market square
(temporary correspondence address)

---

To:
Students, and whom it may concern,
Sandstone College,
Ephia's Well Plaza

---

I would like to nominate Alecto as the speaker.

---

55million

[A mangled and ink smeared letter is posted on the board in the Sandstone College]

QuoteFellow students,
I'll stand by Jamileh's recommendation and
endure yet another discourse from our esteemed
inkfingers The beckoning of my mother's eel-pie
far outweighs the risk of  you all contracting the
crimson or, dare I say, another dissertation
on the history of sand grain shapes. You're up,
Alecto.

Con rispetto,
Ettore Lazzari

KreShar

[Note left in the dormitory]

Fellow Students,

I shall support Alecto as our speaker. Have we any ideas on a topic?

Signed,
Sayyida the Witch

Iconoclast

Well, he could talk about the importance of talking.

Faisal

Karwelas

[Note left in dormitory of the Students]

Dear Colleagues and fellow Students,
I have to say that I am touched by your choice of me as your Speaker and I will try my hardest not to fail expectations of our Hosts as well as our own scholastic pride. Me and few other students already discussed a few choices of welcome gifts for our first meeting with Lamp of Learning as well as the topic of lecture given by me during the meeting, which will be titled: "Use of Arcane Magic and Water of the Well in Healing and Suregical Operations." While we are at it, I would like to thank Daoud, Sayyida, Ettore, Nofri, Jamileh and all others that supported me in this endaviour. I would request these who wish to go with me to Il-Modo to list their presence on a sheet under this one.

With respect (and a whole lot of being touched, truly)
Alecto
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.

Daoud al-Maaz

KreShar

SN

[A short note left for the other students.]

Jamileh Attar
Ibram's Fine Leathers and Cobbler, Attic.
corner of Qadira street / market square
(temporary correspondence address)

---

To:
Students, and whom it may concern,
Sandstone College,
Ephia's Well Plaza

---

I have extenuating circumstances, unfortunately, so will not be able to attend.

---

55million

[Ettore's hastily marked signature is drawn upon the papersheet]

SilverK

Karwelas

Dear Ernesto Est,
I am Alecto Zagar, student of Green Tassel of Sandstone College, assigned as a Speaker upon scientific forum of Lamp of Learning. It is pleasure for us to acquire such an invitation and opportunity to see famed Il-Modo, the Pearl of the Sea and finally bask in its splendour. The topic of the lecture shall be  "Use of Arcane Magic and Water of the Well in Healing and Suregical Operations" and I hope it will prove to be interesting for your fellow Il Modans of scholaric ways. With this letter, I also assign the list of students who requested to be part of the journey:
- Daoud al-Maaz, famous investigator and student of Blue Tassel.
- Sayyida the Witch, spellcaster and student of Black Tassel.
- Faisal Al-Karim
- Ettore Lazzari
- Nofri D'Ovidio

There may be possiblity of one or two more additional students who are a bit late with paperwork and permissions, but I hope it is something one can look at. As you know, paperwork is enemy of the soul and progress and more often than not, some students are prone to losing their papers. We also prepared selection of gifts for our scholaric breathen of Il Modo and request opportunity to present them at the Lamp.

With all respect,
Alecto Zagar
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.