A Letter to Ernesto Est, Lamp of Learning, Il-Modo

Started by MAGIC, October 23, 2023, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGIC

QuoteDear Ernesto Est,

There was little time for formal introductions on the trip. I apologize for this. My name is Narwen Alendiel, a Newborn of Spring's Gift and an Acolyte of the Sibylline Sisterhood.

Let me thank you once more for allowing me to accompany the students and to witness the beauteous sights and insights that Il-Modo has to offer. I was taken by Sage Giacomo's art. I feel humbled and inspired having looked upon them.

I wish that I could return the favor and invite you to visit my home. My people live simple lives compared to yours. We live in harmony with the land. We have little to offer compared to the bold and colourful grandeur of Il-Modo. If you would still wish to visit my people, and share songs and stories, then you may tell the guardians that you are a guest of mine. All I ask is that you bring no iron or steel into our home and you bring your own food, as you will find our food to be inedible.

I wish to ask you two things.

In the book "The War of Pearls" there is mention of a mist-shrouded isle in the Sea of Pearls named Ynys Eilir. This causes me great confusion as the name of my home in my language is also Ynys Eilir. It is located deep in the sea of sand and ash, far from the shore. Might you, as a learned scholar of a sea-faring nation, have an explanation for this mystery?

Regarding the topic I asked you in the Lamp of Learning - I wish to assure you that my interests are pure. I have become entangled with this thing. I have been stumbling blind in the dark, following only my heart. I am worried that is not enough. Is there a way I could be given permission to that section of the Lamp of Learning's library? Or a way that I could be given wisdom from one who has permission?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Live and drink,
Acolyte Narwen Alendiel

Howlando

Dear Ms. Aiendiel,

Thank you for the kind invitation.

I believe the confusion regarding  Ynys Eilir is simply a matter of stories or tales losing important details in the telling.

I'm afraid the texts on the topic you mentioned are not available for loan.

Regards,
Ernesto Est

MAGIC

QuoteDear Ernesto Est,

A hundred thanks to you for your swift reply.

As a gift, I have included a drawing I have made of a pair of antique flutes we recovered from a ruin. I have struggled to understand the erugic musical notation. Maybe you will find it of interest?

I understand that the books cannot be loaned. Certainly not to an outsider with no standing. Could I be granted access to read the works myself? Or might you refer me to someone who is familiar with the topic? I fear for my well-being, Ernesto. Many people are interested in me because of this thing. I have been threatened. You are the first person who has recognized the word, the first who has reacted to it. I am hoping for something, anything, that might help me.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Please, direct any future messages to the care of the Windy Caravan. I will retrieve them there.

Live and drink,
Narwen Alendiel