DM Appreciation Day - Abala

Started by Howlando, October 23, 2023, 02:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegn

Learning coding from scratch for EFU? Respect. That's an incredible achievement in of itself.

Thanks for all you've done for the community.

Phoebe

Abala reminds me very fondly of a friend of mine from a long time ago, brings a lot of personality and flavor to EFU that I would never even dream of!
The curtain of night
The lark of the morning
The end of a rotting dream

Zickery

i KNEEL, m'lord
thank you for everything, and thank you for the countless hours of fun.

CoffeeBean

It cannot be understated how much work you have put into the server and community for the past couple of years. While this server is player driven, your work has kept it fresh and enjoyable through out this past decade- so I cannot thank you enough for all that you've done.

I hope you and the rest of the DMs know that the we players deeply appreciate the work you do. Sometimes we can get a little heated or disagreeable, but in the end, none of us would be in this community if it wasn't for everything ya'll do.

Dugs

I believe you're the DM I've interacted with most on EFU from my time in the Banda, a big reason why I've stuck around as a new (As of v6) player.

We kneel to one of the best.

I've got a giftcard with your name on it.

Don Nadie

I am always in awe at your mapping and scripting skills. The Rings I saw (many of them your doing) were one of the things that got me absolutely hooked to exploring EFU. And Ephia's Well (and so many of its areas!) are insanely good, and insanely enjoyable.

Thank you!

LoveLess

Thank you Abala, for all the fun stories you've shared with us as a player and all of the work you've done as a DM. You are someone who can eloquently drop a few lines, gather all the attention in a room, and make the game more engaging for everyone involved. That's regardless of which client you're playing through.

So really, thank you.

Poolson

It was forever ago that we met, but, I still think fondly of that time. The good times, the Chequon shenanigans, Munt's explosive disaster-ventures, the times my character followed yours right into a political meeting, dressed in armor that was in the likeness of the Tiger Eyes, and starting a political shitstorm.

Definitely set the tone for what came after.

Here's to you, buddy, happy Abala day.

VanillaPudding

Whether we are arguing something stupid and getting in one of our little discord fights, or mutually crushing people's bad memory / nostalgia, I can confidently say that I and probably a ton of other folks, and EFU itself for that matter, might not even be here were it not for your tremendous efforts and talents.

Thank you for all of the fantastic things that you have put into the game world over the many years.

Bearic

Lannister

Thank you Abala for everything you do for our community and to help build the server. I remember when I first saw your character in Sanctuary and I wanted to get involved in what was happening. I remember a conversation held in the Society Chapterhouse between our characters at the time. Looking back at that now, every step of that journey from Abala to DM Abala, has been punctuated with something that has brought a lot of good EFU.

I really appreciate the effort you've gone through to make this server a joy to play in.

Octarine

You and I have some roughage in our past, but I truly respect the hell out of what you have learned, created and maintained scriptwise.

Your areas have personality and attention that does not compare.

You're an excellent character writer, and deserve this accolade and respect.

Happy abala day.

deltaTime

Stranger

Scitus

The amount of work that went into doing what you've done on efu is remarkable and well worthy of praise. A GOAT for sure.

-UnholyWon-

A fond memory of mine is when Abala was playing Abala Quickfeet, and tolerated my character writing an article on her for the Duskmore Observer. I can't remember who paid me off to write the article, but it was during some political hijinks. It was a fun moment in time, and I appreciated it greatly as a player.

You also did what I never had the patience to do, learn coding. I consider it an amazing feat you were able to teach yourself coding, and became the coder you are for EFU.

The sheer amount of work you've put into both v5 and v6 is astounding, and is more then deserving of appreciation and so much more. I look forward to seeing what you create next. 
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.