A letter to the Sisterhood - Blood Storm Crisis

Started by WriterX, October 29, 2023, 11:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WriterX

Sisters of the Sibylline Vine,

With the state of the current situation it will be necessary to keep a substantial stock of Cure prepared. Especially if we will venture into the Storm, or more refugees arrive, or when the storm comes to us.

If the Cure cannot be manufactured in sufficient quantity I would advise the methods of producing it be disclosed to another group that could safely produce it. If not, I will have to ask the Astronomers to try and produce their own version of the cure.

I understand the important of the Sisterhood holding the Cure, but we may be facing a crisis, and we must be ready to resolve it.

I leave the decision of how to handle it to you.

Legate Marcellus Saenus

Astra

Legate,

We had hoped it would not come for this. But we had, also, planned for the possibility that the Blood Plague would return in one form or another. Production will increase. We currently do not intend to prioritize who receives the Cure at this time, but it is not an imprudent decision to earmark doses for healers and defenders working to protect Ephia's Well from the plague and its horrors.

A concern is that those infected near-invariably become delirious and violent in their pain in the later stages. These could cause a danger to the people of the Well, particularly if one is able to hide their sickness for a time. We must forgive them for it. There is hope for them all until the very end.

This is a frightening situation. It is not insurmountable. The Well has dealt with its like before. We pray that you will do all that you can to engender hope and unity among the people of Ephia's Well, for we are strongest when we stand together.

Relatedly, it is good that our Stele honors Izdu. Now, more than ever, it is critical that the clarity of truth might cut through darkness and superstition like a lamp through fog. The Magi has given us the way to illuminate our own path. Let us move forward, and emerge from the other side of this crisis all the wiser for it.

Sister Hypatia