Typing Indicator

Started by Moonlighter, November 06, 2023, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonlighter

I think it'd be cool, and probably help relieve a lot of confusion if something appeared over a characters head when their player was typing. I've heard a few other servers have done this.

Admittedly, there is always a chance for someone to take that opportunity to attack someone on EFU. But I still think it'd be a good enough addition for us to just accept that as a risk.

I've given a lot of speeches on EFU, and when I'm typing/thinking at the same time sometimes these take me a minute, and have had people asking me if I'm going to say something, etc.

Astra

Yes yes yes oh my god. This would be so nice...

Pandip

please don't out me as someone who goes afk for 64.51% of every conversation i have IG like this

ADarkDaysKnight

I am admittedly also guilty of taking too long to type while considering my words, as well as being a bit of a slow typer, so this would be such a nice quality of life change!
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Anarchist Son

All for this. I've seen it done and it's helpful for the flow of conversation to know when to take a beat while someone finishes their thought.

Karwelas

God, yes. Sometimes it would save SO MUCH trouble with the bloody walking away from conversation because someone pauses and wants to type an emote to welcome someone.
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.

Howlando

I would like this if it worked smoothly and was optional, but as I understand it is a bit clumsy - it wouldn't actually display the VFX if you're typing, but only if you're focused in the chat bar, and also it would show with dm messages / tells / chat commands.

Voss_

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I feel like this might be a bit immersion breaking at times. Especially when typing emotes or chat commands.

Would be cool with it if this was a toggle though.