A Letter to the Barracks [Reyer, Cavannaugh]

Started by Don Nadie, November 12, 2023, 11:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Nadie

[Two little letters make their way to the Barracks of the Jannisaries, addressed to two different Soldiers]

My friend,

I find myself in a new position, and your feedback would be much appreciated. I also have a couple questions, perhaps some gossip to impart. Let's chat when we have a moment, shall we?

Yours,

Alejandro

Canadianloki

Alejandro

My friend I hope this message finds you. My courier hawk has hopefully found you as I'm on leave away from the garrison at the moment. I regretfully am not able to chat in person for a whole week this Subat but I should be back on the 18th. Regardless should this be something you wished to discuss over letter as well as In person I shall be able to do so. I've an ear for gossip and anything else at the moment during my leave

Soldier Arnock "Nock" Reyer
First Patrol company Marksman

Don Nadie

Dear Reyer,

I was not aware. Worry not, we shall chat in person when you return.

Gossip-wise, you may be surprised to learn that I have become a Magistrate, after Lucretia had to step down. I had considered it for a bit (one of the many options for a recently de-cloacked orphan, such as I, is to get further into politics), and, as I was selected for a diplomatic expedition to Tlonsiyya, a decision was... Pushed a little faster than otherwise expected.

Part of my desire to speak was to discuss a few matters of legality, precisely. While I have of course read the relevant texts and casebooks, and formed my own opinions, I can only imagine these are best sharpened on the ideas of others. I have spent a very interesting afternoon, for instance, speaking with doña Aaisha... And I hoped to do the same with the /other/ side of Trials.

Besides that I wanted to gossip a bit on some older matters. Alas, I am rather hungry for some Banana bread now, so I shall leave the missive here.

Look forward to seeing you!

Alejandro