Captain Fergus Greaseglop

Started by yaaaaay, November 16, 2023, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaaaaay

To Fergus Greaseglop, Acting Captain of al-Sayaadin,

Legate Guivarch and Prelate Shabani held an Allotment Assembly last night. Discussion about funding for al-Sayaadin was had but not finalized due to lack of time and technical difficulties with the Stele of Law. I initially requested 6000 dinari or a top of funds to the initial funding amount provided to al-Sayaadin in the previous Assembly (5000 dinari). Guivarch mentioned 3000 which should bring the fund near or up to the latter.

If the chance comes up, please feel free to discuss with Legate Guivarch, Prelate Shabani (or Legate Saenus if he returns by then) to finalize the amount.

Aurelio also mentioned that you have a copy of the al-Sayaadin roster. Could you send me a copy? I have been thinking of other prospective recruits: Richo Aylomen and Syclya Xaose come to mind, if they are not already members. Pursue them at your discretion if you agree.

Live and drink, sincerely,
Beatrice Margo, Acting Commander of al-Sayaadin

putrid_plum

I do not have the roster.  In fact he left us with a chaotic mess.  I have no idea who is with us or the amount of members we have.  I am told we are a citizen force then told that Accord members also are with us?  It's a mess.

Also beware.  Mirielle Rosseau is slandering you name as a sibilant spy to everyone.  She is not to be trusted.  A dirty Moteist.  She's working to have us disbanned.  I don't care about the funding truly.

Watch your back.

-Fergus

yaaaaay

Fergus,

I'll check with Aurelio again about the roster. If that ends up being unhelpful I'll do a roll call and start from scratch.

As I understand it (or how I think it works is) we are a citizen force because our leadership (the captain, specifically) is (supposed to be) comprised of un-Accorded Voiced citizens. This was (maybe?) due to a limitation of the Stele which could not recognize a citizen from being more than one group (for the purposes of wage distribution).

Citizens from the Accorded factions (should be) welcomed in al-Sayaadin, they just won't be able to draw a wage from the dedicated al-Sayaadin funds (because they are already drawing a wage from another funding pool). I think this is also true of un-Voiced citizens since only Voiced citizens can be added to the Stele.

I spoke with Soldier Arnock Reyer recently. He's interested in continuing the work Sergeant Fauchard started with al-Sayaadin, starting with a few pieces of siege equipment he has available. I told him to seek you out since you mentioned renting property recently. If need be, I can store them in my office for a time.

Thank you for the warning about Rosseau.

Beatrice Margo

yaaaaay

Captain Fergus,

You may have heard that Legate Domhnall made a bellow stating that Aurelio requested that al-Sayaadin be disbanded.

I have confirmed this with Aurelio. I won't put his reasons down on paper as I imagine you'll find them unsatisfying but let me know if I'm wrong and you would like to read them regardless.

Legate Marcellus has also asked me for clarification on this issue as the decision now rests on him.

I am of two minds: first, a group like al-Sayaadin, as a force not inclined to the political maneuverings of the Accorded factions is needed for the Palatial Pyramid to better direct a marching force as the Well needs; second, Aurelio's disenchantment in al-Sayaadin is a sign that, ironically, the Rose has successfully tainted al-Sayaadin, turning it into another point of contentious debate.

The decision in how to respond to Marcellus is yours, Captain. Find him at your leisure or respond with your answer and I shall relay it on your behalf.

Beatrice Margo