A Letter to Arnock Reyer

Started by Runic, November 20, 2023, 01:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

[The smell of a freshly opened book on parchment recently conjured. Delivered to the Fourth Legion garrison by a fat and haughty hen. It is with a loud bawk that she drops the letter at the feet of the intended recipient; Arnock Reyer.]

Soldier Reyer,

It has taken many months of experimentation, but I believe I may have something of interest for yourself. Recent developments in the explosives field have allowed for the creation of arrows containing explosive payloads. Currently I have only been able to affix standard flaming payloads, not good for hoards of orcs, but potentially for Sibilants or other monstrosities of the Great Ash Desert.

The process is slow, with only three arrows created per batch, and expensive with reagents costing roughly eighty dinar per three arrows, but are easily replicable with little chance of failure.
If such interests, please contact for future construction. That is all.

Zain al-Saiba
Nadiri of the Tower of Q'tolip

Canadianloki

Nadiri Zain

Explosive payloads you say? We can talk price in person, I'm also curious if with more work in the future you can improve the current arrows my bow shoots. We can of course talk those details in person. Make a bellow or ring the bell if I'm about the well.

Soldier Arnock "Nock" Reyer
Marksman of First Patrol Company

Runic

[A missive which, not unlike like the first, is delivered to the Garrison by the fattest chicken known to civilisation.]

Sergeant Reyer,

Have found alternate methods of construction. Please seek me out at the Tower and I can inform what needs to be procured for additional arrows.

Zain al-Saiba
Nadiri of the Tower of Q'tolip

Canadianloki

[ A letter is sent back to the tower via a small hunting hawk]

Nadiri Al-Saiba

An alternative means for the explosive tipped arrows, color me interested. I'll make my way to the tower when I'm available. I look forward to seeing the progression you've made in this field as these arrows do bring me a certain level of joy to use.

Sergeant Arnock "Nock" Reyer