Kirgan 'Caddy' Cavanaugh

Started by johanmaxon, December 18, 2023, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanmaxon

So, there it goes. Figured I'd write a few lines and post a few cool shots I've got.

I created Caddy back in this fall, making a new character to explore the server after having the EFU-itch again. I didn't really know much about the setting as I only played a short while at the start of the new chapter. Caddy was intended to be a gutter-bandit, where either I was executed for my crimes or I would plead for mercy and conscription as punishment, getting to join the Janissaries and try out one of the factions. It didn't turn out that way, as in the middle of my low level circuit I was stopped by a gang of thugs in Green, and their Sergeant Ludovich, who recruited me. I figured I would cut the prolgue and just jump straight into the Janissaries.

Caddy was very loosely mapped out from the start, a man from a small village having served in an army and fought in wars, now finding himself in a strange land but unable to escape the shackles of his past experiences. I drew inspiration for him from Joe Abercrombies books and the Northmen.

Now, shots!

Caddy started his confusing life as a Scarab suffering from a terrible texture bug. It took me a few days to figure out what was going on. In the beginning I actually thought Shum was some kind of exotic Cinquefoil breed

He was taught the ropes by the other members of the Legion, and there was also room for me to learn. I could not for the life of me be bothered to remember what "Apothar" or "Zenithar" was in the start

He got to defuse bombs with the boys. Never trust a "Bachelor in Mechanicus"

Dealing with the minor (major) nuisances of the Well, the scribes

One small intimidate roll, and I had a riot on my hands. I learned that Mr Mro Po was actually a beloved character of the Well, and not to be trifled with

Might have accidentially unleashed a primordial evil, some great snake spirit. Who could've known?

Then, there was the more serious missions

The calm before the storm, where Caddy would lose many of his friends. This turned him to religion, becoming a follower of Agaslakku to honor those which had fallen, which he saw as much greater men than himself

Diplomatic missions with the Legate

Scouting missions of far distant lands

Then came the day... Legate Marcellus was lost somewhere below, and a brave few dared the darkness to rescue him

Through massive chambers, fighting hundreds of Tormented in different shapes and sizes

Until there was a final giant, barring their way. A giant that would mean the end of Sergeant Caddy of the Fourth Legion. As his friend once told him "Don't charge that hard."

And so he rests
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531135333493112832/1186399229464297482/tormented.JPG?ex=65931b62&is=6580a662&hm=d5c2b3fa3a52c2829d36bbbc872ef345585940415eac78176a001736208fc2c1&;

I would like to extend my huge thanks to all of you who partook in making Caddy a great ride. Too many to mention by name, but to the Boys in the Green. I can't recommend playing a Janissary enough if you haven't already. To the Legates, and the Scribes, the figures of government who involved him in politics. To his rival faction members in the Rose that gave him someone to spit at at every assembly. To the Astronomers, often his companions in matters he didn't understand. To various other friends, brigands and cultists, who made him all the more enjoyable to play. To the DMs for all the cool stuff they do for us.

I wasn't done by Caddy, I had much I planned and things I would have enjoyed doing. But rather go out with a bang than to fade away! Now, I won't be posting any loot. Because I heard from Halfbrood, that if you are a badass, you can go and see Caddies loot yourself in the module. So go out there, and be a badass.

Until the next,
JMaxon

Stranger

caesaropapist

Cavanaugh was 100% one of the reasons the Legion was such a great place for a long time. He had a lot of personality and gave the faction a bunch of life, especially with a lot of the internal foils with Fauchard and Boucher and all the boys.

Sad to see him go, but it's a badass ending for a cool PC. Definitely one of the ones I'll look back on fondly!
I hope you end up playing another PC!

Anthee

Sofia d'Andrea

Don Nadie

Such a fun Jannisary to have arround :'(

LiAlH4

Bearic

Haha, I forgot about the bombs, that was fun.

sankarul

I'm glad my 1 roll gave you a good "get down, mister president!" moment at the bomb. I'll miss Cabbage

Fabulous Secret Powers

Caddy was absolutely awesome, and I loved all the interactions between him and Bashir! You've a talent for creating friction in a way that feels fun for both parties, instead of being one-sided. Good job! The golden squirrel thing had me laughing so hard!

IKeepForgettingMyUserName

Big NCO vibes throughout. Great PC

Halfbrood

Welcome back, great stuff. Great screenshots. Always a pleasure to play with you.

thegn

Amazing character! Quintessential member of the Janissaries.

Karwelas

Caddy was one of most important members of Jannisaries after Blue sadly had to let go of Colmes and probably one of the most defining members of the faction last months. Great job and welcome back Johan. Excellent character!
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.

Ironside

Emblematic and iconic, I always love your PCs!

Moonlighter

Genuinely bummed out he died. We had so many more arguments to get into.