To the Wayward Candidate, Ricario Cassella

Started by Leon of Maedhros, January 17, 2024, 10:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon of Maedhros

A nestled parchment finds its way to Ricario Cassella's estate, with no other adornments.

Ricario Cassella,

I said that I would pen you this letter, and so I have set to task this eve with my thoughts to do it. You helped me when I asked, and though you are not asking, I have found myself enamoured by your rise and though a keen eye might say they suspected such of you before, I shall stand by my idea that you are a man of the people.

An idea came to my mind, and I half suspect half of the far more idealist clergy among us rise to hate so quickly for the slip up. The more I learn of your Sages, the more I am convinced Warad has set me across the paths of you and others like you for a purpose. To guide you back to the flock.

This idea did not strike until you told me of the Navigator, and I could not help nor find myself striking the thought thus; could the Navigator have carried Warad's favor? Perhaps one of His favored sons, who watched as the so called Navigator lost his way, lost his reverence of the one and true Spokes of the Wheel That Turns.

I would like to help you, Cassella, help you find your faith again and honor the Navigator both. This Sage of yours could be adopted, like a prodigal son, by we Waradim. I make this offer to you, to stand before Almutahar in Hasheema's Hope and kneel before the Wheel, and submit yourself to our bountiful and enlightened cause.

I am not a political man, but it would be a fair reminder that a public ceremony, to be consecrated beneath the Wheel in front of all, may be a boon to your campaign as well when it is needed most. Abandoning what you know is not easy, and it should not be. But I ask you not to forget your faith, nor abandon it; I am asking you to accept the truth, and to acknowledge no folk above the gods. We are humble servants, and your charitable works are a divine mandate that you must not waver in, though I know you shall not.

Consider my words, Ricario.

Leon of Maedhros

One_With_Nature

[The letter is received although no immediate reply is forthcoming]

One_With_Nature

Leon,

Please stop by my office when you have the chance, this is not a simple matter for me.

I would like to discuss it further.

Legate Ricario Cassella