[A Letter to the Consulate] (DM)

Started by WriterX, January 18, 2024, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WriterX

Secretary,

Throughout my time as Legate you were there to advise me, though as I recall we did not always see eye to eye, and in one particular instance we almost went into a sort of argument. Still I would like to thank you, for your work for the Sultanate, for a chance for me to aid these efforts. If it will be the will of the people for the me remain as Legate I shall do so, but I write this letter in case I am defeated this election.

I have spoken with the Astronomers on our distant neighbor, who is still plaguing the Pearl Sea and aiding, at least to some degree the Archon, or at least using the War to their own benefit.

Because of this I instructed the Astronomers to design a tool meant to act against a specific creation of our mutual troublemaker. I do not wish to speak of the details in this letter in the event it is intercepted, but I would ask you to speak with Apothar Stern or Mevura, who will inform you of the matter at hand. The matter of coin is not a huge issue, as I imagine the city could afford it, but there is a component necessary that I believe only the Consulate has access to.

As such, I do not force you to do anything, but ask you to at least study the proposed solution, and if you find it acceptable, invest in it.

Forgive the cryptic nature of this letter, but the less unwanted people know the better.

I do hope we will still have a chance to meet, be it in the offices of the Pyramid or beyond them.

Walk with Izdu's wisdom,

Legate Marcellus Saenus

Halfbrood