[To Offices of Legates Domhnall and Ricario, A Copy to the Legion Garrison]

Started by Vegan_Snickerdoodles, January 23, 2024, 05:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

Nisah 23rd, IY 7788

Legates,

A man calling himself Sergeant Lawcet of the 'Sapphire Crest' addressed us over the illegal bellows system, calling us to beyond the Southern Gate. There he was arrayed with a caravan and some several dozens of men with more reported inside.

They appear to be slavers, and desire that we 'Sell' them some of the refugees. A mercy, they claim, and a threat that they wish to acquire these people the 'civilized' way. First they offered fifteen, then twenty, then forty thousand coins, and suggested if we have not prepared the refugees to move in three days time, they will "have no other choice". I did not make terms with them, stating only that I could not agree to their offer and would inform the Legates of the Assembly.

I thought it not prudent to start a bloodbath in the dunes without warning, with a force of unknown disposition and location. I informed him that when they return in three day's time, we will give to them our response.

For the violence that is likely to come, we have three days to prepare. Present at this standoff was myself, Balestriere Rosseau leading a small force of Banda, Acolyte Narwen, Pauvera, Nadiri Lapa, and others, though some were concealed.

Those I saw were men-at-arms, armed as many dune bandits might be, however more reasonably organized and likely better equipped. They are suspected to have cavalry; hooves were reported in the dunes by Pauvera.

-Akna
      Prelate

One_With_Nature

Akna,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will find you and Domhnall later to discuss and we can review this at the meeting of the White League, although I may not be able to attend the meeting itself.

Ricario