Sofia D'andre

Started by DONT PANIC, January 24, 2024, 04:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DONT PANIC

[The ink on this is that of a pen that was pressed a little too hard. There is a faint smell of camel dung, unfortunately]

Dear friend,

I urge you to not panic, and not do anything rash. We will solve this. This is nothing more than fear-mongering from the Capital, trying to hook its claws into our citizens right of free worship against the non-profane.

You will be protected. I swear it.

Jordan

Anthee

[A reply is left for Jordan in the Krak.]

Jordan, dear friend,

Thank you for your concern. I know as you do that I have broken no law. They are trying to interpret article 18 of the penal code in a way that would make it seem as if I were guilty of Illegal Worship and Practise; it will not work. Even supposing that they somehow, fantastically, found that I was "a threat to the safety and security of Ephia's Well or its citizens", they would then have to find all faithful of the Dome guilty of it, including one of the sitting Legates.

The best you can do is talk with the Legates about this matter and ensure that the overzealous Magistrate al-Marain does not preside at any trial to come. I question the wisdom of having him as a Magistrate in the first place: he is clearly not interested in interpreting the law in a charitable manner. Something to mention to Legate Guivarch, perhaps.

Yours sincerely,
Sofia
Sofia d'Andrea