Ransom and Mercy's Limit

Started by Random_White_Guy, March 01, 2024, 06:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

QuoteDiocletes Diadys
This is...this is-- Soldier Diadys. [He sniffs and groans, breath short] With a message. They-- oh gods... [He tries to keep his composure.]

QuoteLieutenant Vardgul Skarn
Coin'll be delivered as required, by the requested courier. Release the Magistrate as a sign of good intent. When you're free, al-Karim, make a bellows. Coin's not coming downstairs until we hear that bellows.

QuoteDiocletes Diadys
'We are the men...that Lieutenant Teg murd- murdered. I stood the line while the...the Cinquefoil Rose broke. While Lynneth was ch-... choking on her own blood.'

'And the Lieutenant will be coming to stand trial before the Sultan's men, or...or we are going to return his lit-...little pig- [A whimper] piggies in pieces next time we catch them.' [It is cut short at that]

QuoteLieutenant Vardgul Skarn
We haven't heard the Magistrate yet. Coin's not coming downstairs until we do.

QuoteFaisal Al-Karim
Hello everyone, I would like you to know that I am quite safe, and that they would like the money to be delivered for the Sergeant to be returned safely. Three minutes.

QuoteLucia Salacia
By none's leave, the Lion. A deal is a deal and it is made. I'll be watching you Samton, you coward, you left your men behind. I thought you were a soldier, not a Banda Rossa. You best get to work against them or I'll keep going .

QuoteSamton Ashworth
Qari's on his way, teleported away to deliver the coin, Lucia.

QuoteJerrod Felch
The faith you place in your institutions, Legate Gausim, does not seem to be shared overly much by those who reside in them. I'll try and work my way down the list, as I imagine by now, yer Sergeant's been returned and everyone's licking their wounds...

QuoteLucia Salacia
A thousand trampling feet upon the people below every day, a weight that must be lifted away. I wander freely among you and witness your actions and deeds, I witness the generous giving nothing to them but instead back to the cycle.

I will die in your plaza, or perhaps even to the lions, and be far less than a martyr or anything of note, but I will have died trying to save this world. I gather the fragments and piece them together, I wander where you cannot.

I find what is beyond your sight, and I gather those who are willing to witness the truth. My spear for the Queen, she who casts me out for my own ignorance still, she who's miracle was halted by the Rose.

But I wander still, two sets of foot prints wherever I do, and I see the salvation of this Well, this world. She, Queen Ibithal, daugther of the Mother herself....will return, and you will weep into my own blood when she does.

QuoteGausim al-Marain
Oh, Jerrod. It is faith in institutions, like faith in the Wheel, that is a sign of respect. Legitimacy born of, tended, and adhered to .Rites and Liturgy. Ritual. Protocol. Mandate.

I may not always agree with the Astronomers on matters of politic and policy, but there are few I trust more to ward me from the Ash and in pursuit of the Nameless Courts.

I may not see eye to eye with the Cinquefoil Rose, in their odd adherence to a past so far gone and a life unknown to me, of violence and Mankind's endeavor towards nobility, but I have rarely seen so easily capture the imagination of a chance, for more.

And while the Legion and I may have our disagreements, I trust them every waking moment iwth my life, as do many Citizens of this city. These institutions, the Accord. They bear such a heavy weight upon their shoulders.

QuoteHerald of Ephia's Well
Hear ye, hear ye! Let it be known that in their wisdom, Gausim al-Marain has hereby exiled Jerrod Felch from the settlement of Ephia's Well in perpetuity. Let them find no succor here!

Hear ye, hear ye! Let it be known that in their wisdom, Gausim al-Marain has hereby exiled Lucia Salacia from the settlement of Ephia's Well in perpetuity. Let them find no succor here!

QuoteGausim al-Marain
May the Mother of Sultan's tears cleanse their hands, of the dirt they are soon to thrust them into.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips