Letter to the Astronomers of Q'tolip, the Eagle Mount.

Started by Poolson, March 05, 2024, 05:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolson

[This book is delivered alongside a letter.]

( https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=710195.new#new )

How do you do?

Now, normally I don't appreciate the cold shoulder I've been given non-stop, but, I share Mister Dustwink's enthusiasm for this topic, the possibilities they hold, and even share his dream for the future. One good deed deserves another.

I'd like to submit my findings, to expand upon Feodore Dustwink's observations of Gloomology.

Maybe we'll be able to work together, in spite of my lack of a spellbook. At least as a partnership, if not as a Nadiri.

- Isadora Sylvestre.

Sem

Isadora Sylvestre,

Any endeavor to learn- especially one done in the pursuit of protecting people- is worthwhile of consideration. You are more than welcome to approach with your findings on the Gloom phenomenon and submit them to me. I am interested in the colors of these forces in particular myself.

You are of course also encouraged to reach out to the Nadiri of the Tower for their assistance if you have need of proper magical support- but at this time any such help will be entirely voluntary. This book you provided only sparks interest, provided your research goes well we may be open to something more directly involved with you.

Live and drink,

Apothar Isaac Naught

Poolson

Might have just the thing for you, partner. Something rare that passed up Professor Dustwink before he went and vanished.

Just as well, I've theory on Fusion, and Actualization, that I'd like to pick your brain about. Paint a canvas with those colors, so to speak.

I'll reach out to you, next time you're around. Nadiris looking to get some skin in the game are welcome to join. We might just have something to do together, them and I. We'll see.

- Isadora.

Poolson

This is a step forward in the right direction. Got something meaningful to contribute, and I'd like you to take a look at it, maybe even add it to Dustwink's collection. It even leads me to something that I'd like to ask you about, even, given your penchant for creation for imagery and color where there is none. We should meet in person.

-Isadora.

THE GLOOM OF THE VOID

Dominant Signature: An unnatural, all-consuming darkness, that seeps into the skin of its victim. Unnatural darkness emitting from the host.

An exceedingly rare Gloom Anomaly, the Gloom of the Void is one that, at first glance, may be mistaken for the Gloom of Phantasm, given its penchant for the absence of light, though unlike the Gloom of Phantasm, this one does not create doppelgangers, nor produce flashing lights, but rather it creates shadowy appiritions to ambush or pelt you, and cast the area into supernatural darkness, to blind you to your assailants. It is a darkness so unfathomably deep, that a torch's light is little more than an ember across a cloudy night sky.

One may liken it to the coming of the Abyss, that heralded the come of the Ringfall, though it may prove wholly incorrect to assume that they are the one and the same. It has been reported, not replicated, that the particularly attuned or mentally unbalanced may be especially suspect to the anomaly, as appiritions much larger, some 15 feet, wispy and inconsistently shaped, will manifest as a 'Gatekeeper', looking to lure the victim to 'The Other Side', as it did to one 'Ahmant'.

Beware, for those who wander beneath the dying light, lest you do not rise with the next dawn.

Threat Level: 4.5/5.

Sem

Isadora Sylvestre,

It has been an unfortunate circumstance we have not had the opportunity to talk, our respective vocations and research keeping us busy at what should be opportune times. I will act to remedy this and make some room for you here at the Tower to discuss your findings.

Live and drink,
Apothar Isaac Naught