[A quick letter sent to the Garrison]

Started by Don Nadie, March 07, 2024, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Nadie

Dear Sergeants,

As I prepare the publication of Act II of the People's History, I find myself wondering whether the Jannisaries ever investigated the murder of a Nadiri by Vergal Medista and Alexander Bestworth. It is the killing that set Sahlil Shadowbrook upon them. The Nadiri was said to have been a Pra'raji, and his murder occured in the Creep.

Do you have anything about them in your files? I will hasten to add that everyone involved is dead, which should make matters easier vis a vis privacy concerns. Mostly, I seek to know the truth of the matter - or to get as close to the truth as possible. Any help will be most appreciated, and charitable donations would of course be given in a sign of appreciation.

Yours,

Alejandro.

Blue41

[A letter soon arrives on crumpled parchment]

Alejandro,

It was a murder, so of course it was investigated and documented. The result of that investigation isn't something to be shared for the entertainment of your readers, regardless of the mortality of anyone who was involved. It is, after all, entertainment that you've made your calling-- not truth.

Lt. R. Colmes 

Don Nadie

*A somewhat startled Alejandro reads the signature at the bottom of the page. A smirk forms in his lips, amused. "Look who's back", he whispered, with a chuckle. Then, he writes a quick reply*

Dear Colmes,

Welcome back. Consider yourself eagerly invited to come and be interviewed for The People's History of Ephia's Well, bound to be the defining record of our recent past. It is better to get your perspective heard than to have me rely on Bellows and hearsay, after all.

Yours,

Alejandro.

Blue41

That remains to be seen. But there is at least one matter to be discussed. Volandis.

I'll find you.

Lt. R. Colmes