Quest XP... up a notch

Started by VanillaPudding, March 25, 2024, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

I strongly feel that EFU is very well balanced for the level range we play in, being effectively 6-10, and that it has been refined over the years to be very balanced for that.

With that said, V6 feels very "grindy" in XP rewards for questing, which actually tends to support the wrong behavior of doing things like farming bounty systems or otherwise in order to progress.

I'd really encourage a change to increasing the XP rewards to the 8 max quests. I know there were changes to the death system, but it was really heavily countered by a massive decrease in the quest XP for level 8. Furthermore, even with the revert to "level 8 PCs can now gain XP in quests", they were already nerfed in level to basically negate that, so it isn't witnessed by most PCs. 

I overall don't think that we should be balancing the system around a few random PCs that manage to obliterate the system without a lot of effort. We all know the ones, but in general, the masses don't enjoy that luxury.

Furthermore!!! The 9/10 content is really cool and should be enjoyed more often.

I beg and plead to increase the XP gains so that more people can see the content as I think it lends to a really nice atmospheric / lore addition in v6.

Damien

Bud your like two week old is level 8 before we've even done anything.

I think the problem is more the 8 max quests are not that hard, and the 9-10 quests can be very hard, and I agree they are definitely very cool, so would love to see if something could be done there.

putrid_plum

I agree with Griff here that the max 8's are fairly simple.  Likely by design.  I know some folks like things hard and some enjoy easy content.  So quest balance is tricky business.  I wish some of the quests had more optional part 2 (yes a lot of work so I understand why they don't) which gave more xp for a high risk.

I don't think it's hard at all to make 8 especially with the 12 hours between quest resets and the lower death penalty.  Some folk will always be better at questing or have more time too.  It's the nature of the game.

The ease to make 8 imo lets you focus on whatever else you want to do in the game world.

The 9-10 content is really cool and nothing is stopping a L7-L8 PC from doing that too?  I think things are to easy imo but for the server health and player retention is probably at a really good spot.

Pandip

I'm not very in tune with the current state of high level questing, but didn't we just crush one of these last night with little to no issue? I didn't feel like we were that optimized of a group. The reward seemed fine considering I spent almost nothing and picked up almost nothing from the spoils.

This isn't me trying to "clap back" - I genuinely don't have enough exposure to make a full commentary - but the two experiences I've had with max 9 quests recently have been fairly tame.

Providence

The one thing I'll say is that maybe there's not enough "entry level" max 9/10s so often people just go do hive/goblins/scorps and call it a day. However, I know making quests is a difficult and long process.