[A brief letter left on the reception desk for Soldier Dio.]

Started by zerotje, March 25, 2024, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

DIO, SOLDIER

You gave me the order to keep my eyes peeled for new arrivals.
Here's today's report on suspicious individuals:

OSRICK LOCKE, OLD

Old man that still knows how to fight. Should be a hunchback by his age. Strength seems unnatural. Pretty sure he's using a carriage load of narcotics to achieve his feats.

ISKANDAR, SCREAMING

Some Agaslakku worshipping bard that sings about violence. However I personally witnessed him get taken down by a couple of small snakes. Deliberately sabotaging Agaslakku's reputation. Haven't figured out a motive.

TRISTAN AVORRA, NEW

Some run of the mill fighter. He is so unnoticable and bland that it became noticeable. Possibly an agent of foreign government or Djinn courts.

PEPPEROTE, DRUNK

A Halfling jester, drunk during battle. Behaves like a Gnome. Very annoying. We must be wary she doesn't disturb any public ceremonies.

Signed,

SIEGFRIED, SCARAB

Hierophant

Recruit Wolfhard,

This is all beautifully contrived proof of your expertise in a grand new war measure I have been pondering for some time.

The truth is, I was pondering it before the war. If the people realise their chances of impending doom, they will be more inclined to heed the need for tighter immigration laws and due process of effective processing for civil disputes and new arrivals.

Tomorrow morning we will establish a checkpoint in the Palatial Pyramid check-in for new arrivals as the burden of duress on our diligent Scribes is a mountain's worth.

One last thing. Don't leave reports at the front desk. The enemy has eyes every where and some. Request your key to our logistics where files are organized and reports are stored.

Good work, see you when the sun rises and Pra'raj wishes us dead.

Soldier Diadys
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

zerotje

Soldier Dadys,

thank you for your kind words and I commend your sharp eyes for witnessing my potentional for greatness.

When we next meet I will without error carry out your orders.

Attached to this brief letter are a couple of letters of recommendation some locals wrote on their own volition. I know it probably doesn't mean much, but they begged me to forward it to my superior.

Recruit (for how long?) Siegfried Wolfhard