A letter to the Torchbearer Office.

Started by MonsterMoose, May 23, 2024, 06:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterMoose

To the Torchbearers,

I am writing to request your services as explorers and cartographers. I wish to undergo a sacred pilgrimage to the waters of the Edutu and require the expertise and protection of your adventuring group.  In this, I would ask that you take part in providing all necessary travel provisions. As a servant of the Twindari, my skills lie in spiritual and ceremonial practices, not in the logistics of travel and survival in the wilds. Therefore, I rely on your expertise to ensure our safe passage.

At this time I would wish to bring along two additional members.  I have not made certain who they will be, though I would like to take one other faithful of the Wheel, and one scholar.  This is up for discussion however.

The current terms of our agreement, companions or not, are as follows:

1. We require your protection throughout the journey, ensuring our safety against any threats we may encounter.

2. All food, travel supplies, and necessities must be provided by your group, as I do not possess the knowledge or means to properly prepare for such a journey.

3. Upon reaching the River Edutu, we must stay at the water's edge long enough for me to perform a crucial offering. Your protection during this time is essential.

4. You will be compensated a sum of 10,000 dinar for your services. This amount reflects the importance and sanctity of our mission, and is of such an amount to cover any expenses outlined in the second provision.

Your reputation as skilled adventurers precedes you, and I am confident that with your guidance and protection, we will be able to reach the Edutu.  Please send a letter back with any questions you might have.

Fruit, bear your works,

Preparator Tariq Salah

crestfallen

Hello,

The terms are agreeable to me. You will have our assistance.

I will see to having a word with the rest of my people and determining the best course forward.

Do let me know once you have decided who to bring along, as well as a rough timeframe for this venture. When do you mean to depart? How long do you intend to spend afield?

Regards,
Naelin

Poolson

Preparator Tariq Salah.

Efforts are being made.

There is much to search, The Great Ring is vast, but, I have a rough directional bearing. Currently, myself, the Torchbearers and Gideon are searching the west for where the river may have strayed course many years ago. If we can find something like this, it may close in on the possibilities of where it could be.

I will report to you at the end of the week, empty handed or not. It is possible that this will take much longer.

Gulgrea Landbruk.