Balance

Started by dragonfire9000, September 10, 2008, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfire9000

I'm sure the DMs are working on this fast and furious, but I think we can help 'em out a little bit. If you notice any issues of balance (i.e. A quest gives a ridiculous amount of xp or gold, or is too freaking hard for its reward.) set 'em down here.

You too can be a druid and keep the Balance.

My first (and only, as my dog got porcupined last night before I could play anymore) issue is that the quest on the beach with the exploration, multitudinous... small... beast sort of things that I won't mention for fear of giving spoilers... gives what seems to be an inordinate amount of xp for it's difficulty level. I mean, I loved it, but it doesn't seem very dangerous compared to the reward.

Listen in Silence

The spider quest doesn't yield much of a loot reward, and because of that I'd say it's probably just about right xp wise.

Skrillix

The experience I got from it with a level 4 was not extremely spectacular, and the [spoilers] are easily capable of killing you through their
Hide
, if you're unlucky.

I'd say it's fairly well balanced for the risk it represents.
[close]

PlayerCharacter

Okay, here's my contribution to this thread.

The quest near the one just mentioned above (walk up the stairs and it's right there) is slightly too tough for the level requirements, but is otherwise well-balanced. Rather than changing anything about the quest, I would suggest expanding the level requirements to 2-5 (it is presently 2-4), and reducing the maximum number of players by one.

This allows the monsters' special ability to remain effective, keeps the level of difficulty high, but also gives a party a solid chance to actually complete the quest without wiping out. My party of three level 4 characters only survived the quest by a combination of exhausting our supplies and extraordinary luck.

Also, the gold reward for the larder quest seems too high for a quest that is so close to a spawn point. With the way it's set up now, it's a simple matter for low-level characters to get filthy rich after just a few resets. Either lower the gold reward or make it a one-time-per-character quest.

Skrillix

If you're referencing the quest in the Cairn, please, please, keep it as it is. It's currently my favourite, by far, and is achievable without death if you play it smart.

Jasede

Quote from: Skrillix;85972If you're referencing the quest in the Cairn, please, please, keep it as it is. It's currently my favourite, by far, and is achievable without death if you play it smart.