'Madeyes' Booker

Started by efu1984, June 27, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efu1984

Merrill 'Madeyes' Booker was originally a clock and music box maker from Amn. When the world went tits up his family, a wife and two daughters, were killed by enthralled drow. Booker didn't take it too well. When he came to Sanctuary he used the mysteries of the machine to fill the void of his loss, but gradually he came to want to defend others as he had been unable to defend them.

This was a duo exploration focused concept with.. .. but he abandoned me pretty early on though what a jerk.

.. but Booker made some interesting friends in the Obsidian Mask, who taught him how to fight and inspired him to battle the Chosen, which he had previously just avoided in his scrapping. They also joined him on many of his first explorations, helping him reach places and do things he couldn't have done alone.

Then they died. Which was sort of sad. He carried on though, alone at first..

.. and then with new friends. They made some amazing discoveries.

.. and explored dangerous places.

He learned a lot about a lot of things, but was always very guarded with his knowledge. Fearful of the Spellguard.

Some strange gnomes came to lower one dark, and they slowly became friends. They were looking for an artifact, and he happened to find a tome about it in the plunder of an orcan camp..

Not long after a great tournament of Targus was held, and a coveted quarter-piece was amongst the prizes..

.. Booker and Brocc conspired to both enter for the piece, defeat all other foes, and then fight a duel for it. Booker very narrowly won.

It led to a lot of wild things. Other pieces were sought, tense negotiations were had..

Feathers were ruffled as Booker tried his best to help his new friends..

He ended up in jail and on trial for treason. It was a very tense time.

He tried to use his knowledge to help the Svirfneblin of the Sapphire Isle..

Rituals were conducted. Booker never really wanted to return to the surface, where he had lost so much, and tried to help his people find a home in the underdark.

Wars were fought.

.. and were in lost in as many ways as they were won.

He lived on though, and changed, and continue to grow.

His successes perhaps made him arrogant.. or maybe he and his friends were just unlucky. He did always say that in the 'dark you only get one mistake.

.. and tinkering is always a risky proposition.

Somewhere amidst all of the other things in his life he was also a Wayfinder, Black Guild Supporter, and two-time Great Game Champion. But I think his most important contribution to society, and what he should be remembered most for is..

Here are some pictures of loot because I hear that's popular with the crowd.
[hide= Loots]

[/hide]

Thanks to everyone who was part of his story. Sorry I am terrible at taking actual action screenshots.

rodrigo

CollegeDropout

Great character. A+ efu1984

CondorHero

The only thing that could kill Booker,  was Booker. You were the action hero of EFUR. XD

Hhean

Didn't get to interact with him much, but that time in the cells was one of the more enjoyable cell watches I've done on Eddie. The whole political dance around his trial was good fun at the time too

rodrigo

Mortui

true gr1t lad
praise gloinar
Quote from: Hellball*slays booker easily*

Good night sweet prince.

Special Delivery

Fosko

: (  ..awesome mate! He will be remembered!

Ziya

What's going on this week?

EFU: Game of Thrones Edition?

:(

RIP Booker

The Samophlange

Booker was very much a force of nature, something other characters liked to whisper about. So many of his feats seemed larger than life. I always was a little bummed that neither of my characters quite lined up, but I loved having the dude around.

The Machinist

My PC really wanted to get him convicted.

Good stuff.

Bouquet of Roses

Booker was amazing, too!
So many amazing characters dying off these days!

I've got many fond memories with the little pain in the ass. He never did get to show Charlie!

wundyweiss

liked him on the various interactions on Narwell. A true gentleman and scholar, he was one of the best PCs I've interacted with in EFU:R.

good work, see you on the next one.

Fosko