Vengeance Denied. Ordinant Baelian Kalvath.

Started by Davenfelth, July 05, 2014, 03:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight Of Pentacles

carry on my wayward son... there'll be peace when you are done...

The Crimson Magician

solid half-elf bro

tala_kai

Cool guy. He was a bro.

Quote from: tinfoilhat;396443Time to scratch another off the list.

So sad it's so true... :(

Nikolaz

Last Ordinant Thrar respected in the Society =/.. Too bad he's gone! Was a joy to play with.

Ebok

Somniis

Quote from: CondorHero;396459Now that he's dead, can we please talk about all the cool and heroic stuff Baelian has done but NOONE knew about it because he's just soo damn HUMBLE that he'd never brag? :(

RIP Baelian, EFUR's other action hero.

Baelian Kalvath........

Saved me more times, in more ways than I can count.

My impression of him is: He was a farmer, not very good at tilling fields, but obviously nurtured his wife (Alenia) and child with his attention and care. He lost his family on the Surface, a loss that set the course of his Vengeance against the Dread Empire that took his family and friends from him.

He lost his hand fighting the Cyricists in Lower. It would not surprise me if he confronted them alone, I don't know. He sought ways to regain his hand and his strength - not for himself, but to aim this strength directly against the Dread.

For a human, he was wise and very patient. He demanded justice through the bureaucratic networks of Sanctuary Law when needed, speaking to Directors, and Upper leaders directly. He had a relationship with the people of the Temple of Hoar, that I only glimpsed once while I was seeking solace.

I learned how to negotiate the Sanctuary illusion, through Baelian's example of literally walking outside the illusion; his distaste for politics - his understanding of the need to meet written Law with his own deep sense of Justice.

I asked him if he was a 'Paladin' once. He refused the title saying, "Do not call me that..."

And walking with Baelian in the Lowerdark on several occasions was inspiring. Seeing a human broken in body, but not at all in spirit. A sense of the thousands of souls taken by the Dread that he wanted to exact vengeance for, calling on thunders... We hear these words all the time, spouted by warriors and priests that come to Sanctuary...
Baelian made me believe he was acting alone, subtly embodying more than an ideal, an Ordinant who would go down fighting the dark gods, all the way.

And so he did..........

I am humbled and honoured to have known Baelian. Thankyou for being a wonderful example of the best of humanity in this dark place. Endure, Brother.

Baelian reporting to an Ordinant Commander after a dangerous, taxing mission.

... while on that mission...

Kotenku

Gerhardus's Last solid memory of Baelian will be him staggering down the Slaver's Way stairs of Traensyr, hauling the bodies of what, three? Four of his friends? Just as the Stairs exploded. And him getting back up, and soldiering on.

Hell yeah.

petey512

:( Terrible. One of my favorite Ordinants to date.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "