Suggestion - Climbing Falling

Started by Gustav, July 22, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustav

I think the EFU climbing system is very interesting! However, and I am sorry if this has been pointed out before, but I do not think it makes sense that when you are trying to climb down a cliff you keep falling down at the lip of it, and are unable to actually fall down to the bottom. I think it would make more sense if you fell downwards and so went down but were badly damaged in the process.

Bonhomie

That used to happen frequently to me. I noticed that has not been the case anymore for months now though.

Random_White_Guy

From my experience the use of a climbing tool fails you keep at the top. Using the player-tool climb or a rope sends you for a tumble.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Stranger

I believe the climbing tool represents you "catching yourself" using your equipment, and taking considerably less damage.

Paha

I thought I fixed this like year back. What exactly is not still dropping you?

Specific tool or way of climbing? Test it and report as a bug report with details.

Gustav

When I use a Climbing Claw item found in the Exploration Gate area instance I was not dropping when trying to climb down. I later experimented and found that when I used the player tool form of climbing I would correctly drop. Thank you for your help and attention.

Mia

Quote from: Paha;399063Specific tool or way of climbing? Test it and report as a bug report with details.

The Playertool Climbing tool drops you down a cliff upon failure.
Failing to climb a rope down, drops you down the cliff.
Any and all Climbing Claws leave you up a cliff if you attempt to climb down and fail.