Short Story Competition

Started by AllMYBudgies, August 12, 2014, 12:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllMYBudgies

Greetings players :)

As I approach my first year of DMhood here at EFU, I am feeling somewhat reflective. Over the last year I have been fortunate enough to have watched over you all as you craft your wonderful, living and evolving stories. I have been lucky enough to find inspiration through your inspirations and watched so many players display such impressive dedication to concept while your characters evolve daily on the server.

Thank you all. I cannot put into words how much joy (..and at times frustration ;) ) you have all given me over the last year, and how much I have been moved by, laughed alongside and enjoyed your characters.

In celebration of your efforts I am holding a Short Story Competition that will be in the theme of [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Reflection[/COLOR]
  • The story you write should express how your character has evolved during their time in the Underdark, with the themes of reflection and change that are abound in the setting.
  • Your story should be no longer than 1500 words, yet don't let this limit hold you back - if your story is somewhat longer you won't be penalized for it.
  • Your story should be posted in your Personal Character Notes, with a link sent to me via forum PM.

The closing date for this competition will be September 3rd, 2014, 03:48 AM GMT   

There will be one winner chosen from all entries, with two runners up also finding reward.

Happy writing! :)

AllMYBudgies

I have been blown away with all the entries I have received so far, thank you to everyone that has contributed. I look forward to reading through the most recent stories, and those that will be submitted before the closing date which is still September 3rd, 2014, 03:48 AM GMT.

AllMYBudgies

Closing time for the competition is in around five hours from the time of this post :) Thanks to everyone that has entered so far. The winner and subsequent runners up will be posted tomorrow! Best of luck!

AllMYBudgies

It has been, as ever, an impossible task to judge all of the fantastic stories that have been submitted and to find amongst them one winner. With the sheer number of stories too it has been all the more difficult. Each was inspired and every single one showed a great sense of character that I was very impressed by.

And so after much consideration and lots of rereading the winner of this round is Fitzwilliam :) followed by runners up CondorHero and Tinfoilhat - please get in touch with my privately to discuss the nature of your rewards.

Thanks again to everyone that entered, I was given a record number of entries this time around and everyone that submitted a story will be given an exp reward in game.

The spirit of this contest was to celebrate my first year as a DM, and once again you have all given me such inspiration with your stories and the commitment to great story telling you each share.