Vrort, crowned KING of WORM

Started by sharkinajar, April 24, 2015, 03:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkinajar

Alas, all good things come to an end. The Worm King has perished, and the worm pits are finally safe. What started out as a simple cursed half-orc I made as an alt for when no one was on, exploded into the scourge of the Worm Pits.

Background: His mother's side, an orc, was given a blessing by Loviatar that pain turns them into rampaging beasts, and he inherited that blood. He was never royalty, or had royal blood of any kind. He had decided though that fate had made him King of the Worms when he collected the Worminger Beetle Carapace armor.

Accomplishments: assaulting over fourteen people, protecting his friends and keeping people out of the worm pits, including one player murder, and killing the four citizens in Starag's including the granny that collects worm meat. He has done a few rituals of giving offerings and gifts to the worms.

It was a blast to play! There were some ups and downs, but I had a great time. Playing a 6 int 8 wis character is hilarious, but tough work making crazy things up as you go along.

Wormload o' fun, shame there weren't more vassals of mine for absurd things. On to the next!

::[ DM Shout : The execution of Vrort "Worm King" Lurd goes as expected, the Watcher needing several good hacks to sever the head. Immediately afterward rock worms swarm the grounds and carry off their king, perhaps to mourn in their own mysterious way. ]::

[hide=Barfed on by worms, got loot]

[/hide]

[hide=#justVrortThings]
This was one of my few ritual offerings I've done on Vrort. I've probably collected at least twice as many worminger parts:
(I've had at one point expeditious retreat 20/day, dragon's breath, fire 10/day, cure light 10/day, summon rockworm 6/day)

Accosting people in the worm pits:

misc things:

[/hide]

[hide=The end]
The Chief Inspector and "Ma" Murik showed up after he was captured slaughtering wormingers in Starag's.

[/hide]

GoldLover

May Flights of Worms, Sing Thee To Thy Rest!

granny

The Worm Pits is one of my favorite EFU:R areas and it became so much more alive since this half-orc had arrived in Sanctuary.

Vrort was so awesome and so easy to manipulate. I still remember when he caught me and another guy in the worm pits. He turned hostile and made me tremble from tip to toe with his threats. Even so, it was incredibly fine to persuade him through lies and false compliments. It is not that often that we find a player willing to roll a character with these characteristics. Since that moment, he became the best body guard and companion that my witches ever had. So much that I caught myself thinking about giving him a queen to call his.

OH, man, I gotta miss this crazy half-worm, half-orc!

Hail the KING! Hail, the WORM KING!

NothingGoldCanStay

My plans!

Great character Shark. Simple, yet so complex.

Happy Worming Day

TheTacoWizard

Great character man. I had lots of fun playing with him as Bodoc, we are both with the gods now. :) Great job man, great job.

WellRespectedMan

i've never seen anyone try and FD complete strangers in a low level questing area because their PCs aren't cowards or liars before, so that was interesting i guess?

Heart Of Oak

" 'ere... sorry about the whole cutting ya head off thing.. "

I personally enjoyed King, half crazy, half orc.

whiterabbit

Stranger

I would like to file assault charges. The screenshots of Vrort's death sequence put me on the ground with laughter.

Stay awesome.

Vagrant Savant

WORMS FOR THE WORM KING.

Spiffy Has

Proof that even terrible builds can get amazing loot

SkagHunter

I'm going to miss Vrort, Amazing character, well roleplayed, and quite funny.

The Cobbler

Worm friend!!! Good times.