Respawn and Clear Corpse

Started by prestonhunt, May 15, 2015, 07:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prestonhunt

Just a thought.  Maybe add a dialogue to the respawn guy in the fugue:

Respawn and Clear Corpse.

Make it cost a bit more XP than a regular respawn.  Say 500 more or something.  It might cut down on the number of corpse clear requests you guys get.

Random_White_Guy

I disagree with adding more XP loss to EFU's already gratuitously overwhelming and ineffective respawn policies.

Off-hours when no DMs are around it becomes a matter of asking someone to metagame your location or to grant you some manner of leniance in "Showing up" to save you. This would just mean you take an extra sucker punch to your XP.

Instead of corpse clear I'd say making respawn viable with a short-term Greater Sanctuary of 5-10 seconds, broken by attacking the NPC if you so choose, allowing you to heal and scamper off. Respawning in PvP is prohibited so there's no real chance of rule breaking there and it would solve the "Corpse clear" problem potential.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Kinslayer988

I believe that there is are a few rounds of leniency given when one recovers from unconsciousness due to HP loss. Could that same mechanic be used when respawning?

A way to role play it would be being knocked unconscious or worse by the enemy and the enemy distracted by something or a distaste to do more.

As is, the system requires a DM.
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers