The Brotherhood of the Shattered Skull

Started by Random_White_Guy, April 16, 2009, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

A new twist on an old Idea, the Brotherhood of the Shattered Skull is one part Mercenary group, One part Necromantic Cabal, and one part Ghostbusters.

Group Requirements are as follows
  • Alighment: Non-Good
  • Class: Any Class
  • Race: Any Race
  • Deity: Any Faith (Thought a Pro-necromancy disposition is greatly preferred)
The group itself is still in the making, but these are but a few of the fun things you can partake in:

1) Necromancy! Its a hard life out there for the Bone-Thugs, as many in the past have known. It is my intent to make a community both within and outside of the Ziggurat where Necromancy can flourish. There's strength in numbers, and even though we'll be greatly outnumbered, A cabal of Necromancers, Glory-seeking Soldiers, and other shady characters is sure to lead to fun RP

2) Mercenary Action. The idea behind the group is a simple philosophy that the best warriors are those that dwell forever. Taking a twist on the Brotherhood of the Cheerful dead's old dogma of Offering up your body to those still living, it is my hope to see the group be a fairly militaristic organization, which means Mercenaries and other soldier types are more than welcome. Tempus is a god of War, and it is foolish for men and women who were once great warriors to dwell within the ground when they could be spilling blood. It is the hope that jobs will be taken from PC Faction and DM faction PC's alike.

3) Spirit Catching/Hunting: Ymph is awash with various secrets and mysteries. There are some places where spirits flow freely and individuals have interest in them. Steps will be taken to RP rituals and other actions to summon or bind spirits, as well as capturing them for other means. Tales will be shared, as well as other "Spirit" like events that can take place without DM interaction.

To say now, this will be difficult.

Necromancy on EFU is a very cool and very well fleshed out concept, but there is a sincere dislike of it in most civilized worlds, and the Ziggurat is one in particular where trouble can come about. There is a high probability that things could go very, very poorly with this concept, and leave the lot of us butchered by Lathanderites, Kelemvorites, The Order, or other goodly zealots or Druids.

However! Its all about telling a story, and this is one I think would be a fine one to tell.

So if you're looking for a concept leave a comment below, throw me a tell in game, A Forum/IRC PM, or hop on and look around IG for our flyers.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Staring Death

I should add that RwG's character will likely die when the concept starts taking off.

You should join regardless, he's mighty fun to hang around!

Skrillix

The beauty of this is that death doesn't have to be the end for this character! <_<

Canzah

Sounds cool. Will chat you up about this man.

Talir

We're three people or more sort of sticking together for this concept. Feel free to join us, there is more than what is written and pretty open for your own take of things. Don't be shy.

Random_White_Guy

Staring_Death: Gonna stab you>_>

Skrillix: You're next <_<

To clarify some questions I've gotten, This group is not all casters/Necromancers. Any class is welcome. Any class.

Oskar Maxon

Random_White_Guy

[Shameless self-promotion]

Pestilence

I do have to say though, the necromancer plots on this are the most interesting I have seen.  I had a char who was BFFs with Kellian (Illario was my guy) and we had a hell of an interesting time. Be it the enemies, the guys wanting to gank me, him, and theo, and the entire secret Cheering dead plots! (including the SUPER secret one that Kellian and I tried to do but never finished). I suggest this to all.

Random_White_Guy

[Shameless self promotion]

Talir

[Shameless RwG promotion - Now without RwG!]

More seriously, the faction is still around. Approach any known Brotherhood member in-game for your take on an interesting concept that welcomes new members openly. We'll try to be more visible as well.

Relinquish

petey512

"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Porkolt

Props to the group members for not letting this die after so much crap hit the fan!

Drakill Tannan

Regarding the brotherhood of the shattered skull:

God! that was supposed to be a PM! *slaps hand* forgive the post.