Balcony Diving

Started by Earmouse, April 18, 2009, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earmouse

There's this neat balcony on the Outer Wall Forest you can access from the Gobsquat Caves. It'd be cool if we had the option to jump off the balcony into the water. Could make for a daring escape technique!

Relinquish

Jumping from that high, tends to kill you on impact when you hit the water, assuming that its as high as the golden gate bridge above the water.

artfuldodger99

Certainly some sort of tumble save to climb down vines to get out of the Ziggurat at many of these balconies would be nice.

Sandstorm

It's really really really really hard to die via impact into water, Relinquish. People who jump off bridges usually die via drowning.

DangerousDan

People also can't fire fireballs from their hands in real life. More dashing heroics imo.
i walked one morning to the fair

Thomas_Not_very_wise

If you plan to do so, Alert the DM, wait for the DM to pause game, and teleport you there.

Letsplayforfun

Quote from: Thomas_Not_very_wise;120831If you plan to do so, Alert the DM, wait for the DM to pause game, and teleport you there.

I'd rather Dms spend their time with more useful things, but that's just me.

MexicanGunslinger

and not only that, some people play when there is no dm at all online or in IRC

derfo

like everyone and their dad, i survive water impacts on a daily basis, word up

Oskar Maxon

If you can jump over a chasm in full plate by rolling a 20 on your tumble check, I say yes for this. :)

Germain

This reminds me of the Rock w/ Rope in EFU:UD out in Underdark:East.  It would require a tumble check to go up and down.. or you took damage as you fell below.  Perhaps something like that could be implemented on balconies.

Pup

Quote from: Thane;121085This reminds me of the Rock w/ Rope in EFU:UD out in Underdark:East.  It would require a tumble check to go up and down.. or you took damage as you fell below.  Perhaps something like that could be implemented on balconies.

Germain's like smart and stuff.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Relinquish

But if you fail the tumble check you fall down into jagged rocks and die.

dragonfire9000