Druid planting in inaccessible areas

Started by Egon the Monkey, July 19, 2020, 10:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

It's possible to plant inside the rubble piles and behind inaccessible fences in Ring 93. Removing hives etc basically requires keyholing the camera through placeables and using Tab a lot.

Dredi

This has been a consistent issue for a long time. I believe it can get a person in trouble if they do it.

I assume these things are planted with a unique item, can we just make it unique item self only, so it always plants at the characters feet? - That feels like it would prevent alot of these issues, but I may be mistaken.

Scrappa-yeti

I have planted a bit in 93. I have never planted in a pile or other object, that seems cheaty, but none of the behind the fences are "inaccessible".  You can walk to them if you come from the right side.

The way I see it, the whole druid plants game is hide and seek, and part of the fun is finding them and sometimes part of the fun is working out how the hell the druid got there!

Random_White_Guy

One in particular is a hornet's nest inside the Bulwark back behind the breakable boulders through an impossible to reach wall.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Paha

If someone is confirmed to intentionally place these behind unaccessible spots, let it be known that it is definitely a cause for penalties. It'll be hefty XP penalties, and if there's repetition, it will end up in retirement of the character in question. Excuses won't fly after the fact, and everyone knows when they are doing something questionable as these things require you to actually try and go out of your way to do it.

When it comes to inaccessible locations and planting, we will have to check out things as we can.

Paha

Apparently most should already be changed to self-use only.

Are there items or seeds or other that can be used to target a distance away? If so, please report what and where they are gained from.

Pigadig

Please also provide screenshots of this stuff guys, otherwise it is very hard to track down.

I couldn't find any hornets nests in the Bulwark. I did however find that someone had somehow built a sky garden. Whoever they are should stop, or I will retire them when I find them replanting it.

Scrappa-yeti

The Bulwark isn't plantable.

Plants planted above in the Silverspike area - all plants, not just druidic ones - sometimes fall through the roof into the Bulwark, and may fall in places they cannot be found.

I couldnt get a screenshot, but there was an entire garden (I think the one just outsider the Bulwark cave entry), that was lodged in the roof of the Bulwark a few weeks back. I couldnt work out how to take a screenshot with the tab pressed to make them highlight.

I didnt bug report it because a DM made reference to this months ago, and I therefore assumed it was a known problem.

Pigadig

Things can't "fall through a roof" into another zone, because there is nothing that makes the code consider theses zones below or above another zone. It could theoretically happen if these zones had tags that were identical to one another, but none of them do.

What was mentioned was that we thought that some of these zones may have been having issues with the z-axis of their tilesets. But we can't do anything about it without examples to work off of and words about these things are less useful than a screenshot and minimap showing where they are so we can look at them ourselves.