Scrying Bugs

Started by The Outer Limits, November 01, 2010, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Outer Limits

If you scry onto a group that is about to take a quest, the quest system seems to include you in it.

Players can somehow detect you sometimes during transitions (a brief flicker).

With Arcane Eye, you can talk to NPCs.

cmenden

Thanks to you, I was able to learn a lot about scrying from the observed's position!

I saw multiple successes and failures on the will save, but chose not to act upon those as IC information because there's a yellow message that appeared the first time you hit me(a failed will save even!) that said "You feel someone watching you..."

The other times, regardless of success of failure, I noticed nothing, so I suspect that it's a separate invisible check and if you don't get the message, you're unaware of the scrying attempt IC, but we won't know the official word till a DM responds to the Ask a DM, of course!

Also occasionally you blinked next to me during the casting/transitioning between areas, but similar to when you get a fleeting glimpse of a stealthed character during a transition, it's gotta be a NWN issue and not really me "seeing" you.

Paha

Yeah, I agree with the last. It's been said that you don't see stealthing people IC during transition, just because they flash at your screen shortly. It's somekind mechanical issue where the character model is loaded but it's stealth/invisibility is not at that very second applied to it, until it is fully loaded.

Nightshadow

I don't know how scrying works, but wouldn't it be possible to put sanctuary/invisibility on the person then teleport them to the target for spying?

The Old Hack

It seems like there is another problem with scrying, too. When someone is scrying you, his name shows in the player list as present even when he isn't in the room or area. I elected to ignore this ICly as it doesn't seem very fair.