Problems with Taking Screenshots

Started by Theraphosa_blondi, February 24, 2011, 04:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theraphosa_blondi

I've run into a strange problem when I try to take screenshots. Simply hitting the Print Screen key on my keyboard won't necessarily work. The game will pause for a split second like it usually did before when I took screenshots in the past but when I check the NWN\screenshot folder, no new screenshot will have appeared in the folder.

If I continue to press the Print Screen key multiple times, the screenshots will eventually appear in my screenshot folder but I've noticed that it seems only one screenshot is taken for every 3 to54 presses of my Print Screen key.

I also noticed (but this is completely anecdotal and I'm not entirely sure about this) that the chances of the screenshots appearing is close to nothing if I don't have the screenshot folder open first.

Has anybody else been having similar problems? This sort of reminds me of the previous screenshot problem where only a file named "EFU" would appear in the screenshot folder if people tried to take screenshots.

TheMacPanther

I haven't, but my personal suggestion would be to try a different hotkey in case it happens to be a keyboard problem.

AKMatt

An override was causing the previous screenshot bug for me, and deleting all my overrides fixed the problem.  I have since added back in Mort's music and texture overrides, but nothing else, and I seem to have no difficulty with screenshots anymore.  I do not have any portrait packs, voiceset overrides, domains, or spell overrides currently in my folder.