NPC's just disappearing in the middle of combat.

Started by TheShadow, June 25, 2020, 02:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShadow

So! I've been having a problem on my current character. Npc's just keep disappearing when fighting them for longer than maybe 5 minutes?

This is a significant issue with npc's like Shield Sam or Madelaine of the Black Dagger who have mechanics that make them INCREDIBLY annoying to try to fight.

The following is a screenshot of the dialogue that triggers:

https://imgur.com/a/fvcxDNV

It's not that it costs me a lot in term of supplies, just /time/. I'm playing a non-combat focused cleric, so without access to some of my better spells (4th tier) it is a agonizing process to fight anything or anyone.

So when the npc just disappears, potentially without the opportunity to *EVER* fight them again on this pc? This is... aggravating.

PLEASE if there's a dm who understands what's going on, HELP! Thank you!
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

Random_White_Guy

The same problem was ran into with Theo the Cub, roughly a week ago.

I wasn't invisible, I wasn't in stealth, a ton of supplies dropped and in the middle of it dude just vanished. Tried to get a DM but no luck.

I wasn't aware it was recurring though so thought it was just a one off bug or lag or something, didn't bother reporting it sorry.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Paha

If this occurs, try to pick up on details, the time of day in some recognizable timezone or something.

Did you enter area, did someone else just enter area when this happens, did something specific occur or change when it happened?

Did in game clock perhaps skip ahead or something weird?

If it was simple as  "understanding" what is going on, it'd be easy to fix. Stuff happens and since there is a large amount of people working on the module, I have no possible way to be absolutely sure if anything related has changed that could cause this or if it's something that's been going on longer time and no one has reported.

TheShadow

Hey, literally just happened again fighting Pilkin the Alchemist.

I have only been playing at 6-11 pm EST during weekdays, for time of day. Usually one of the busiest times of day for EFU.

I did not enter any area, usually this is fighting in the commons or the Arena (Spinning Groat)

Nothing specific has been occurring, and no pc's have entered the area as far as I have been able to determine. Literally just fighting in combat.

I have no knowledge of the in game clock changing, though I'll try to take note of it in the future.

It might be an issue with the Gladiators themselves, but I highly doubt that as it has happened with other npc's elsewhere.

If you need a specific screenshot of the event, I'll send one with my combat log and chat log of this most recent incident. Cheers!

The current in game time is "month 1, day 2, hour 0"

Is there an issue in the scripts to ensure fights end if someone logs where it checks the in game time? If there is, it might be because of the "Hour" being Zero. I don't know.

Paha

Leave speculating to me and just try to report any details of note.

Time of day (preferably in GMT, which you can easily see by googling 'gmt now' or something.

The game clock could be of interest, more so if it especially somehow skips time. If it's just been some hour and it suddenly skips several hours ahead or something, because our hour's last more than couple minutes in game. Screenshots will not really be helpful. They only show snapshot of a moment, and that moment has already passed too.

Actual data of what had been going on just before the incidents is more what matters.

TheShadow

Just happened again, 2:13 AM GMT. Wasn't able to track the in game clock this time. I'll take greater diligence next time.

Paha

Where did it happen, with what NPC's / creatures, what was the situation in general gameplay? Was it normal spawns, quest area, or anything?

The more information I have, the better my options are to try and search what's what and what could affect this.

TheShadow

The vast majority of the time it takes place in the arena of the spinning groat, against gladiator npc's who are in melee combat.
The npc's in question thus far have been: Shield Sam of glitt, madelaine of the black adder,  theo of velstra, and pilkin the alchemist.

Additionally, a grand zephyr in the commons.

I believe without exception it has occurred when standing close to the walls of the arena, or other raised terrain. That is the only connection i have been able to track. When the npcs are at low health, they flee (usually next to a wall), spam potions, then fight. At this point they tend to disappear next to the walls.