New stealth colouring - remains permanently at times

Started by Grudgen, June 01, 2010, 02:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudgen

As said.

At times the stealthing colour remains permanently. I am now brown 24/7.

Listen in Silence

The same problem for Azkith Trem, pure rogue, human. Account Kinsbane.

But I must say, AWESOME. This is what I've been waiting for.

Capricious

It's been tested, anything that forces a break in stealth (attacking, casting a spell, drinking a potion) causes the new golden coloring of stealth to be permanent until you rest. Just so people know since I know it's being worked on.

Drakill Tannan

Just so i know, how is this supposed to work?

DollarPhil

Oh, is there finally a way to tell if you spotted someone stealthing or if they're just walking now? Nice.

Ordeal

Could you make this effect dispellable through /c dispel skin?

Capricious

Quote from: Ordeal;185350Could you make this effect dispellable through /c dispel skin?

If this is possible I'd prefer it have it's own custom command, because otherwise you're dispelling useful buffs just to get that effect off you. And if you keep it to keep your buffs on people are going to assume you're still stealthing when you're not.

Profligate

If we give you the ability to remove it, people could remove it while being stealthed, and remove the entire purpose of having it. This is being worked on presently, anyhow.

Snoteye

Rather obviously, I should say, you are not going to be able to turn it off. Not even as a work-around until indirect unstealthing is accounted for (which it deliberately wasn't). However, it is high priority and I am blessed with time can probably squeeze in a few bug fixes over the next week.

Talir

Resting removes the glow after indirectly breaking stealth. For now.

Ordeal

Sometimes, Dispel will also remove it.

Snoteye

Tests for attack, item usage, and spell casting in place for v894. We'll see how that goes (virusman can do many things; he can't document).

Also, resting and dispelling no longer removes the effect.

DollarPhil

Could we get an OOC item that just strips the effect? Using it would break stealth, so it wouldn't be abusable.

Capricious

Now even resting doesn't seem to be turning off the glow.

Relinquish

This is making it harder to tell who is stealthing or not now.