Outfit elements bugged

Started by Emerald, Ruby and Steel, February 19, 2019, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

Revised bug report:

For some reason, with all other factors taken into account,  the neck part of an outfit - and this is true for both the 'standard' selection of neck parts, as well as some of the new additions - is being somehow corrupted, not upon initial use but upon later logins, and either does not show up (appears invisible, so the PC head is floating in air); or shows up as a weird chrome neck.

Mia

I have noticed that not all parts that are available in the custom outfit designers are parts available for all races.
So it can occur that when you are designing an outfit on a human dummy model, a glitched or invisible part may appear when you wear it and aren't playing a human yourself.

Other modules with haks like these have solved the problem by adding a function in the custom outfit designer that lets you change the race of the clothing dummy.

Cat

I have seen this issue happen with other pc's and I also have an issue with my own char's model where she has no neck. Which is not related to combat stances, as it's not something I ever set up on creation.

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

Quote from: Mia on February 19, 2019, 09:41:17 PM
I have noticed that not all parts that are available in the custom outfit designers are parts available for all races.
So it can occur that when you are designing an outfit on a human dummy model, a glitched or invisible part may appear when you wear it and aren't playing a human yourself.

Other modules with haks like these have solved the problem by adding a function in the custom outfit designer that lets you change the race of the clothing dummy.

Interesting, however that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

The outfit was designed on a human model and was equipped by a human model. Moreover, both in the design, and on the initial equips of the outfit, the neck showed up fine. It's on later logins that necks refuse to show up properly (they render as either invisible, or a standard neck but chrome).

Edit: After experimenting a bit I revised the initial post to better reflect how the problem manifests itself.