Yanking pack of dead PC character results in different PC getting yanked.

Started by merrychase, February 05, 2021, 06:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merrychase

on 4 FEB 2021, my PC performed a /c yank pack near a corpse of Scanshiver Skinkblood on the Old Forest Road board. Instead of a null result, or pack from that PC being yanked, a different, living PC, Orazio Beecroft, on the same board had their pack yanked.

Net result was a tele-yank of a random PCs pack. I also believe Scanshiver's pack was yanked, but was placed on a different board (Scarbeak is where Scanshiver's pack appeared).

whyemmdee

What do you mean by board? Area? Bug report reads a bit confusing, if you can clarify it some more that'd be great
tchundere

merrychase

The body of Scanshiver was on the Old Forest Road area. This is the area accessible from Scarbeak area; it contains the Greywood farmer with wolves quest giver.

Orazio Beecroft was also located in that same area, but out of sight, at least half the length of the area away from Scanshiver's body. After entering /c yank pack while standing next to Scanshiver, a dead goblin PC, I saw text in the log which indicated Orazio was being yanked, not Scanshiver.

Orazio's pack was yanked , it dropped in front of him with his items in it, much to his and my surprise. Orazio was not subdued at the time; he was uninjured.

The /c yank command somehow targeted him, although he was far away; out of line of sight.