Invis not stopping hostile spawns?

Started by Random_White_Guy, January 24, 2019, 09:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Three times today I died from trying to invis while being chased by hostile enemies. Each time more than one spawn kept attacking but in EFU where in the past they would stop and you could flee, now multiples give chase over far distance.

Wasn't sure if it was a bug, part of the new systems, or what but 3 times in one day felt kinda fishy so figured I'd report it.

Spawns were all different variants but none had see invis/etc.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Cruzel

I encountered this as well, in the Rebel city quest and also in one of the City Interiors explorables.

Astegard

I'm familiar with this issue from other servers and though it was common to NWN.
basically if you are right next to an enemy, even if invis, they can still see you. (same thing happens when a invis player walks past)

One trick i've used that does help is eather walking out of sight (corner) or using stealth while invis.

This is all under the assumption EFU doesnt have a special fix for this issue in place.

Anonymous Lemur

If it's still the same ai as EFU:R this is quite normal. Even if invisible and +20 stealth scores are in effect. Certain ai will be triggered to run from a mile away and investigate your presence. Often running quite close to you or following you, but never attacking due to inability to actually see you. When only invisible and lacking stealth this makes invisibility quite worthless, while they MIGHT stop attacking. Chances are they won't and they will absolutely never lose track of you no matter how much distance there is between you short of something distracting them.