Distant Shores Lag

Started by Spiceofyourlife, April 29, 2016, 02:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiceofyourlife

Hey everyone,

Not sure this is much of a bug report as it is a cry for help.

Recently, while trying to do the quest "Distant Shores", I've been experiencing a lot of lag.  Far more than any other quest, and to the point where I will crash, and upon trying to log back in, will see my character for a few moments, before crashing out again, and again, and again.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced similar lag issues in different areas of the server, and was able to discern what the issue was.  I'm wondering if it's some setting on my graphics card that is conflicting with something in that quest, or some issue with a Hak, maybe?  No idea.  Other people seem to not be having the issue, so I solely think it's on my end.

Any help would very much be welcome!

Howlando

In which areas specifically?

Some setups seem to really struggle with underwater areas.

Deadlykate

If you feel that a hak might be an issue I would suggest running the launcher or re-download haks that you think might be causing issues. When I first did the quest I didn't have a hak updated so I crashed in one area over and over again and couldn't log in until I re-downloaded it. As for the lag, I think that's just part of the quest. Distant Shore is a difficult quest with many triggers and other things; I am sure many people experienced lag during the quest, at least myself but not to that point. I'd say also lowering your graphics to the lowest, helps a lot in certain areas; or at least during Distant Shores lower them and see if there is an improvement.

The hak that was the issue for me was indeed the Underwater area, re-downloading the hak fixed it.