Spymaster Perk Disguise

Started by RagingPurpleGiant, January 01, 2015, 09:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPurpleGiant

Character: Kalvin Hyder
Account: RagingPurpleHyder

The Spymaster's Disguise Perk disables the ability to use or wear items, which removes the Ring of Sanctuary, so the ability can't be used in Upper Sanctuary without kicking the character out into the illusion.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but thought it would be worth mentioning.
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

Apocryphal Misconceptions

It can also modify physical statistics which may or may not be intentional, such as setting your strength to 8. Possibly a leftover from the Polymorph script since I do not think a disguise will literally make a character weaker.

Talir

Neither are bugs. However I think you can disguise yourself and remain in the same area.

Nope. You get kicked out of Sanctuary if you apply the disguise.

Furthermore, you'll lose your item abilities (probably not a serious bug) while retaining item weight (probably not a serious bug).

And you're be unable to use Player Tools while in disguise form.

It seems to me that a personal inventory item that can be equipped upon reaching L8 to apply a random disguise is a better option, since it takes care of all flaws.

Blue41

Using your disguise indoors in Upper Sanctuary will keep you from getting kicked out until you leave. Though there is the chance you may end up getting stuck in a door. I feel like I was able to use player tools too, but honestly can't recall. Try opening the crafting menu, and if you can, reset a random player tool.

All characters are able to take off the Sanctuary rings indoors. It's a really faulty way to make the perk work in Sanctuary though, if you have to equip it in such a crowded (NPC) area.

It's possible to open the Crafting Tools in Disguised Form, but it is not possible to assign any of the abilities to Quick Slots. And, they are removed from your Quick Slot Bar the moment you polymorph.

Talir

Again, there are no bugs here.

A long time ago I made a more sophisticated attempt at a disguise system for everyone but it was decided not to implement it. Reasons were it did not change the floating name and so the system was too subtle to be a reasonable supported variant for disguises. We have to have a polymorph into a different appearance altogether so all can catch on that the character is in a form of disguise.