Stargazer vs Jungle Cats

Started by Jayde Moon, June 11, 2009, 02:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayde Moon

According to what Mort posted here, Stargazers are friendly to Jungle Cats.

This is definitely not the case.  All manner of felines in the wilds are still quite willing to maul Stargazers.

Unless Mort literally meant creatures tagged "Jungle Cat", not Island Leopard or Jungle Panther or whatever, in which case, HAHA the joke's on me!

VanillaPudding

Would be cool to see some faction things like this in play. Stargazers being friendly status with the cats of the land. Druids as well to other animals. Perhaps malar worshipers friendly with malar beasts. Other things like that, if possible :P

Jayde Moon

Edit:

This is a feature, not a bug.

Sternhund

Stargazers are indeed friendly to Jungle Cats, but that doesn't mean all Jungle Cats are non-hostile. This would be a good instance where Animal Empathy comes into play, and you do find instances of domesticated or particularly friendly Jungle Cats in the Stargazer Villages. However, Stargazers will often go out of their way to protect Jungle Cats when appropriate. Sort of like... how some people protect lions in the safari, even when the lions aren't entirely comfortable with the notion.

Jayde Moon

It seemed implied from Mort's last post in the closed thread linked above that jungle cats would no longer be hostile to Stargazers.

It's not exactly what he said... but following the conversation to the statement of 'Made Stargazers friendly to Jungle Cats" and it seems like there was an intent to make this the case.

That said, I'm not looking for this to be the case, I'm happy dealing with Cats like everyone else, my post was just made in light of my impression that this friendliness was in.