Sneak attacks and Bows

Started by FleetingHeart, August 10, 2009, 07:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake the Boar

Quote from: FleetingHeart;140198Actually I was quoting 3e rules. They state, basically, any weapon can sneak attack if the opponent is Flanked or Flat Footed. However, a character cannot Flank an opponent with a ranged weapon.

And yes, I know full well what a full AB Class is capable of with a long bow. That isn't the point. The whole reason for this was due to the DMs stating they don't want a lot of Archers. This would reduce their numbers while sticking with DnD Rules.

Doesn't really matter though, as sneak attacks cannot be modified. So. Yeah.

Well, you will not convince me that PnP works in a different way than NwN in this case, and it seems I won't convince you either. Since this will take us or this suggestion nowhere, I suppose the points were given and also the results.
Cheers.

FleetingHeart

There are a lot of things about NWN that don't follow PnP. :-)

Blake the Boar

Quote from: Blake the Boar;140199.... you will not convince me that PnP works in a different way than NwN in this case...

:)

FleetingHeart

Just pointing out that that is kind of a silly argument to make. ^_~

Blake the Boar

No need for strong or good arguments in this kind of suggestion. By the way, I hope this thread gets closed now, I always wanted to be the last to post in a closed thread! ha! :D

Oskar Maxon

I know it is settled, but I think you're getting stuck a bit too much on the "flanked" part of it, FleetingHeart. Sneak Attack is, as have been said earlier in this thread, hitting those extraodinarily vulnerable places. The part about flanking is that the enemy has its focus elsewhere, and so is not able to protect these places from your arrow, or likewise from the dagger of a backstabber.

ScottyB

Sneak attack is working the way BioWare intended it to work in NWN. We are not one of those PnP-emulating servers. This suggestion is not possible, and I don't think it would be desired, either.

Oh, and lock.