Dwarves and Waraxes

Started by ScottyB, August 14, 2009, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

I am against this.  You can always take the feats for these weapons.  Clerics of all gods often have to take feats to use their favored weapons.  It wouldn't be to fair to give it to say dorfs and not every cleric and so on....  Also dorfs are extremely powerful as is and get many many good racial feats for EFU:A.

Belgaroth

Dwarves are overpowered enough as it is. Why should they get more while other races wouldn't? Either give them level adjustement, or give bonuses to the other races as well.

Daemonic Daz

I've not heard anyone complain about their dwarf not being able to use a axe, so I don't think its an issue. It'll be good for flavor but thats about it.

Blake the Boar

Agreed and agreed. Giving them the feat for free would be the same as giving humans free bastard sword proficiency, for being a weapon mostly fashioned by humans.

Underbard

My current dorf already uses the dwarven waraxe, but I like the suggestion for the added flavor.  After all, every dwarf should be proud of his race.

TheWastesAreFrozen

I'd prefer that some Dwarf cleric doesn't get a d10 x3 crit one hander for free, tbh.

ScottyB

If anyone read the first post, making the feat free was an idea shut-down a long time ago.

This is about making it a feat that you'd choose when you buy feats - a feat that's pretty much inferior to taking Martial or Exotic proficiency feats, but has plenty of dwarfy flavor.

And I'm dusting off the banhammer for the next troll that says dwarves need +1 LA.

FleetingHeart

Dwarves need +1 ..... GREATAXES

Oskar Maxon

Drakill Tannan

I agree with Oskar, give them hand axe & battleaxe proficiencies for free.

And while you're at it, give all halflings proficiency with slings.

Egon the Monkey

Quote from: Drakill Tannan;140777And while you're at it, give all halflings proficiency with slings.
Only Halfing Wizards don't get slings. I think that's pretty much an off topic non-issue XD.

Professor Death

Really?  My favorite PC race is so full of uber pwnage that it needs to be even harder?  Woo-hoo!

Speaking as a lover of the wee stout people, and I do mean a L-O-V-E-R (bow-chicka-bow wow), I support giving them access to a "dwarfy" racial weapon set a la the "elven" weapon proficiencies.  

As for the idea that dwarven waraxe needs special training blah blah blah.  Speak for yourself.  Your center of gravity is just too high to effectively wield one without special training.