Vanishing Smoke

Started by Caster13, January 13, 2013, 07:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caster13

This throwable item does not appear to work as intended. Instead of blinding those targetted by it or those in the area of effect, it blinds the thrower for approximately 1 round.

Talir

That's fully intentional. You get blinded but you also vanish into stealth so they can't see you.

Weaverific

Guttersnipe

It doesn't always work, however. Sometimes the others see you the entire time. Tried this as a get-away recently and it had no effect.

xXCrystal_Rose

Yup. I saw it when guttersnipe used it. No stealth was applied at all.

Guttersnipe

Ruined my badass escape.  :(

Caster13

Quote from: Talir;321886That's fully intentional. You get blinded but you also vanish into stealth so they can't see you.

Only the the thrower is blinded? No one else?

I don't understand how other's line of sight to the thrower is broken so that the thrower can hide.

Erwin the German

Yeah, that's not really how stealth works at all in this game unless the user of the smoke happens to have HiPS.

Guttersnipe

I think the idea is that the thrower is encased in smoke, so briefly loses sight of those around them. Those near only lose sight of the rogue using the smoke so they aren't blinded. However, it works as a single use HiPS, putting the rogue into stealth and granting automatic cover, which is how those near lose sight of the rogue.

The only problem with the smoke is, sometimes it just doesn't seem to work. Like when I used it, I didn't get blinded, and I wasn't put into stealth, so it was a total misfire and I got beat down for it.

Talir

I think you need to be in the smoke to vanish. Definitely would like to test it more properly.

Guttersnipe

Maybe. I've used it twice, once successfully and once without success. Both times I threw it at my own feet. I'm out, however, so I can't test it to see if maybe there's a trick to it. Only had those two, they're hard to find so I can't speak for effectiveness and I haven't wanted to waste on testing how it works.

granny

gotta cut the guts of the guy who sold you the failed smoke ^^
I always dreamt about doing to higgins and her brats selling dumb torches

Guttersnipe

It still is buggy. Molly used it yesterday to slip away from three PCs, all hostile. I waited for the blindness effect before moving, but all three saw her the entire time.

Talir

How far you throw it away from you also effect whether you go unseen.

Guttersnipe

I throw it right at my feet. Close as I can get, and try not to move until I get blinded. Not sure if maybe it's better to throw it at other people or not.