Holy Symbol Bug II

Started by Yalta, April 30, 2013, 06:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yalta

I am unsure if its related to this change by Talir:

http://www.escapefromundeath.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78495

My PC has now lost all benefits built up on his amulet, as well as his spell level advancement.

I have converted 5 PC's to date on this PC (can provide names as required), so would imagine some benefits should be permanent?

I have waited and relogged a number of times (and over a number of resets) to ensure it was not a one-off.

Pentaxius

I can confirm this. My amulet has been completely reverted as well. My current cleric PC has four to five converts as well.

Talir

It is related and fixed.

Some changes to what bonuses is given at what amount of prayers and converts.

Yalta

As of the time of posting still have a completely blank cleric amulet with no bonuses on it.

I am presuming its a bug, unless the changes mentioned mean the amulet remains devoid of benefits until you have +5 converts?

WanderingVengeance

The bonuses return after resting. Try it out and then post again if it remains.

This does pose another issue however, as the bonuses seem to be reapplied after every rest. Meaning any spells placed into bonus spells slots are cleared out.

Yalta

Rested. Amulet remained entirely blank.

Pentaxius

The bonuses are indeed ''reapplied'' after rest, which means that any spells stored in these bonus slots are lost a few seconds after the rest period.

The Dawning Epoch

Quote from: Pentaxius;333364The bonuses are indeed ''reapplied'' after rest, which means that any spells stored in these bonus slots are lost a few seconds after the rest period.

To reiterate, this is correct. Extra spell slots granted by the holy symbols are briefly lost for a moment after resting, removing any spells stored in those slots despite the amulet appearing to stay equipped.

Talir

Yalta, if the amulet is blank (no properties at all) you should get a DM to check it. Should be updating fine now.

The spellslot bug now is Holy Symbol Bug III. Looking into it.

My four thousandth post will be announcing the fix of it.

just elfin around

With my holy symbol the extra slot is retained after resting, but when casting a spell (Even if canceled) will cause the spell to disappear from the slot. Not sure if this can help you troubleshoot what's going on.

Talir

I've done something. Hopefully a fix.

Pentaxius

Alas, the bug is still present.

Talir

New shiny fix in. Let me know what goes missing this time around (last was the unique power property).

Prayers now decrease too ... >_>

Talir

Should be working now.

Remember people, prayers don't last.