Jungle cats

Started by Thomas_Not_very_wise, August 08, 2009, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Are immune to Hold Animal.

After Three character deaths, I am convinced this is a bug.

PlayaCharacter

They are also immune to blindness, and I'd be willing to bet they've got a slew of other immunities as well.

Bug or feature?

Blake the Boar

Supernatural cats, no wonder some natives worship them! They're god like beings, respect that!

Pup

I've always assumed this was intentional.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

FleetingHeart

They can be AEd, so there is no good reason that they should be immune to hold animal.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

*Pokes for a Dm response*

BoomdaddyBP

It is not a bug, it is intentional.

sobe-real

I dont think this really makes sense. Hold Animal i can honestly not think of an explanation for.

The immunity to blindness doesn't make sense either. Jungle cats with hypersenstive eyes should be -vulnerable- to flare or other blinding attacks.

Unless they are magical. I guess we can FOIG.

Blake the Boar

AE has nothing to do with mind effect.

But still ... the mystery of the supernatural jungle remains ...

Pup

We're on an island with magical mist, super-orcs and ogres, super-werewolves, super- etc.  I mean, is it really -THAT- surprising some animals have freaky abilities too?
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Pup

P.S.-  It still works on bears and lizards.  Be thankful for that, eh?

~The Professionals

Drakill Tannan

Still, cats are very common and aren't the kind of enemy you want to mean doom to the party, they should be holdable.

On a secondary, slightly off topic note island black cobras are inmune to sneak attacks, makes no sence whatsoever.

BoomdaddyBP

People, get over it. Kind of making a big deal about nothing. The cats are immune and it's both possible and makes sense that the most revered animal on the island is fairly special. Like Pup said, be happy that other things can be affected. :P

On your statement about snakes, that is pure common sense. They have no organs to pin point and what not. They are not immune to critical hits though because their is that chance of pretty much slicing its head almost completely.

Blake the Boar

Quote from: BoomdaddyBP;140367People, get over it. Kind of making a big deal about nothing. The cats are immune and it's both possible and makes sense that the most revered animal on the island is fairly special. Like Pup said, be happy that other things can be affected. :P

On your statement about snakes, that is pure common sense. They have no organs to pin point and what not. They are not immune to critical hits though because their is that chance of pretty much slicing its head almost completely.

Agreed.

Archon

Seriously, how would you even sneak attack a snake?  It's not like it has obvious "vulnerable" bits you can poke a stick at...