Increasing move silently on every reset

Started by Verybigliar, July 03, 2009, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verybigliar

Alright.

Now on two resets, I have logged in and found out i have small movement speed increase and move silently increase. I am pretty sure these have something to do with rangers bonuses in wild, except I am not getting any hide bonus.

I spawn at Gobsquat, so first of all I should not get any of these wild-area bonuses.

When I visit wild area and come back in city, I lose the movement speed, but I maintain the move silent bonus. The worst part is, it stacks and doesn't go away. Bugbear give ms bonus, so I had bit over 20. Now after two resets, I got perma of 30 ms.

I believe I need some fixing before I am able to play drums in middle of an army of sharboneth guards without them hearing me at all.

Verybigliar - Gorvak bugbear.

Mort

VanillaPudding

Just noticed it's happening to me as well for the Hide skill. I imagine the bonuses from the creature hide are stacking permanently since Tiefling has +2 hide skill .

Character is Angeline Sevestra

Verybigliar

Question, have we all been fixed because of the skill adjustment notice spam?

And did fixing that cause this somehow?

VanillaPudding

I was fixed for that yes. It seems that my character isn't getting checked on whether or not it's valid for the race before it acquires the skin. I'll double check that after a reset though.

Verybigliar

Now that you mention that, it is not checking me either.

Snoteye

I don't understand half of this thread. At any rate, the system is due for an update when I get back, I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong then.

Verybigliar

Sorry. I will try to clarify just for the sake of making it easier for you to fix it.

It seems our racial bonuses are being applied to us normally, except after every reset we already have the bonus applied, and we get it again.

Before reset, lets say I have 20 move silently, which includes my bugbear +4 or what ever it is. After reset I will have 24. After next reset I will have 28. It does not check me being valid to subrace anymore, and it also does not check if I already have the skill increase applied.

Same goes with Vanillas tiefling, she gets the racial hide bonus. In my case, as a ranger, I also for some reason gain movement speed bonus when I log in after reset, until I visit wild-area and come back to town, it remains.

VanillaPudding

I'll try to clear it up.

After this reset it says "EFUSRE Loading subrace Tiefling..."
EFUSRE Success.
After this point when I transition for the first time it gives me a permanent +2 hide skill, where as Gorvak is getting his Move Silenty skill and ranger bonuses everywhere apparently.

That's really all there is to it.

Snoteye

Quote from: Verybigliar;133881In my case, as a ranger, I also for some reason gain movement speed bonus when I log in after reset...

Is there an actual movement speed increase effect (i.e. a silly little icon) or are you just noticing a difference in movement speeds between just after logging in and after leaving a wilderness area?

Gwydion

My stargazer seems to be getting cumulative bonuses to three of his skills.

Discipline, lore and tumble are getting higher each time.  The stargazer race is +2 in each of these, so I'd guess it's adding these values every time.

Verybigliar

I have actual movement speed increase spell icon, until I go to wild area (where rangers usually get it, along their other wild bonuses) and come back to city-area and it disappears.

Caddies

I think the subrace bonus to skills should be kept different from the movement speed issue.

Are you noticing an actual movement speed increase when you get back into town, VBL, or merely the icon coming up?

ExileStrife

Holy buckets can somebody please revert back to the last non-bugged version and manually fix these few guys who have ridiculous stacking now?  T_T

Verybigliar

Like I said Caddies:

When I log in to the game after a reset, I have the next; My last skills + my now added racial bonus. There is the stacking move silently, which adds itself every reset.

I also have movement speed increase spell icon, and yes, I move obviously faster. I am about sure it is same as I would have in the wilds, because I am a ranger. I homever respawn to Gobsquat, not in wilds. I should not have movement speed increase like that. It does not disappear, until I go to wild area and -then- after visiting one, back to town areas. Only after I do this, I am able to remove the movement speed buff.

Update on 6.7.2009

I seem to have stopped stacking move silent. Homever, I still gain the movement speed bonus and icon on me when ever I log in. I also am currently at 34 ms which is.. bit off from what I should be.