Westrle trns...

Started by RIPnogarD, January 09, 2010, 06:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIPnogarD

When you port out of the Westrle you end up behind the door and if you use the keys to walk forward you end up back in the westrle. (You have to use your mouse to get up the stairs.)

(or at least it happens to me)

Porkolt

lovethesuit

Wanton Wastrel. Trns refers to the transition. This exact thing happens to me, and several people. It may have something to do with the nature of the Transition, being set down into the ground like that. It also sometimes happens in the wilds, with those waterfall cave transitions!

Unfortunately, I did notice this before -and- after the change of the area, so it might not be fixable!

Kotenku

It should actually be a pretty easy fix. The Wastrel -> docks transition just needs to target a waypoint outside the building, rather than the door itself. A little tedious probably, but it shouldn't be difficult.

This is assuming that it doesn't already target a waypoint which happens to be behind the door, in which case the problem should be exceptionally simple to solve.

Caddies

This is odd because that transition was untouched during the phasing in of the new Docks. It has always been a door transition rather than a transition with attendant waypoints. Nobody mentioned a problem before! Anyway, easy fix, will do it when I take the mod out next.

Mort

1.69 door transition often port you behind doors for random reasons. This is common to a few doors. Mostly new door designs, I think.

FleetingHeart

It's fixable. I'll look into it next time I have the module.

Keep reporting these sorts of things. It'd be insane to go through the whole module and change every transition at once, but one at a time isn't so bad.

Porkolt

Quote from: Caddies;160839This is odd because that transition was untouched during the phasing in of the new Docks. It has always been a door transition rather than a transition with attendant waypoints. Nobody mentioned a problem before! Anyway, easy fix, will do it when I take the mod out next.

That's generally because it's not that big of a deal, these kinds of errors occasionally happen on a lot of built-in transitions. They're a nuisance, but not an unbearable problem, and quite tedious to fix.

In an often-used transition like this one, the fix is greatly appreciated, though!

Portal Rat

Quote from: FleetingHeart;160845It's fixable. I'll look into it next time I have the module.

Keep reporting these sorts of things. It'd be insane to go through the whole module and change every transition at once, but one at a time isn't so bad.

There has got to be a way to script this, or auto-script it.

I'm still learning NWscript, so I don't know if this is truly possible, but it seems like there ought to be a way to dynamically create a waypoint each time a transition is used so that these way points are generated on the fly.

FleetingHeart

Quote from: Portal Rat;160861There has got to be a way to script this, or auto-script it.

I'm still learning NWscript, so I don't know if this is truly possible, but it seems like there ought to be a way to dynamically create a waypoint each time a transition is used so that these way points are generated on the fly.

Not really. As stated above the fix is to set down a waypoint and like the doors to the waypoints instead of to the doors themselves.

scrappayeti

I have had this problem as well. Also happens to me in the beach sand spiders quest, when leaving the citadel.

Caddies

Ebok

Yeah! Now it ports you to itself.

If you walk it, it places you at where'd you'd leave facing the other way. ... Hard to get in like that.

So, yeah. <_<;

Semli

Drakill Tannan

I think this is another bug. A different one. But yeah, i can't get inside the wastrel, i THINK the transition enters and exits in the same spot and that's why.