Screaming Clown Tent

Started by Frenzied, October 09, 2013, 03:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenzied

What's the deal with the horrific screech in the clown tent every time you enter it? It's godawful and I always forget to post a bug report due to fear of Bobo.

VengefulSeraphim

Yes, it's pretty awful. I am wearing my headphones with the sound on, and because of this, I am forced to check to see if my ears are bleeding every time I do that quest.

Candyman2

Yea, I thought it was just me, but since this is reported- yea, it's an issue.

Doc-Holiday

Fourthed, the sound file is borked I think... I'm pretty sure I saw something somewhere saying that the file was to be fixed in an update of the auto-downloader, but the auto-downloader just replaces any corrected file with ... the +6 Shrieking File of Ear-Bleedingness

xXCrystal_Rose

I sort of like it. >.>

Zango_Unchained

Honestly it adds to the "Something is terribly wrong here" feeling.
Giving it a kinda "It" vibe.

I like it, just lower your volume has a shock value for first timers.

goate

Quote from: Zango_Unchained;357724Honestly it adds to the "Something is terribly wrong here" feeling.
Giving it a kinda "It" vibe.

I like it, just lower your volume has a shock value for first timers.

Agreed, I thought it was supposed to reflect the distortion of the Illusion Chamber (which is generated by the Machine, I would assume).  I like it - it reminds me each time I run the quest of technology's role in the setting.  But, I can see how it would be unpleasant for some.  Just my $0.02.

Ommadawn

The sound is actually fairly painful through headphones, but it's been there since chapter 1 so I guess I just got used to it. It does kind of let you know straight away that something is definitely amiss, as Zango said.

The Marauder

Every time I enter that forsaken tent, I always end up screaming in agony and clutching my ears.

I wouldn't mind the sound effect itself, but it's just  that it's so deafening and painful that I have to side against it.

SN

I never heard it actually.

Ryan

I'm siding with the "too painful to be enjoyable" crowd. Seriously, I don't quest to get headaches.

Howlando

Goodbye psychedelic clown noise.

djspectre

I think it's funny that, as Ommadawn pointed out, the sound effect has been there since Chapter 1 and we are just now finally complaining about it. hahaha! I've always known it was there, but it didn't play consistently.

However, thank you for saving our ears!

John Doe

It was brought up years ago, but back then they still had DMs such as Metropakt and NukeCat running the show. Times were a lot more cruel back then yknow.

Kotenku

Song of Orpheus is gonna be pissed